Why would a guy stop dating a girl once he develops feelings for her?

It just doesn't make sense. My guy friend said he broke up with a girl he was dating because he started developing feelings for her so he's trying to move on from her and will date other girls. Why would he leave a great girl he loves?

0|0
4|3

Most Helpful Girl

• The thing is, some guys don't like commitment, but it doesn't mean they don't love the girl. A lot of guys when thinking about having a relationship and settling down, get scared since they don't want to lose their freedom. Some think they should experiment more, or think she's not the right one (in which others regret since they realized sooner or later that she was the right one) or maybe even think that they might not do the things they love doing again because they're with this certain girl. They want to keep on doing the things they love doing and not get tied down just because of this girl.

To answer your question, maybe this guy did love that girl, but he wanted to keep his freedom and didn't want a commitment. He's trying to move on and find someone else to distract him, but who knows? Maybe they're going to get back together. Some guys, when they notice themselves developing feelings for a certain girl, they back away since they can't handle it all at once and are afraid to take things to the next level, especially when they're young. But guys tend to get serious and would want to settle down by their late 20s or early-mid 30s. That's when they start to mature, and unlike girls, we mature faster, I believe.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Love cuts deep, some men are weak, they'd rather have a fling than give a girl a ring, they always want the fun but commitment makes them run.

1|0
    0|0
    • interesting way to put it! So they'd rather date girls they dont really care for then a girl they actually care for and have feelings for?

• It's easy to keep power and control when you do not love another, love needs sacrifice and teamwork which some men simply do not wish to explore or offer.

• Thank You!

• maybe he wasn't ready 4 a relationship atm... and that's the reason he stopped? :-)

1|0
    0|0
  • That's just an excuse. He really had other reasons

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 3

• He decided he wants his freedom more. That's usually the big conflict that goes through a guys head when they start developing feeling. Is this girl great enough for me to lose my freedom for. And freedom as in like not having to keep promises, go out whenever he wants, hangout with his friends whenever, etc. Pretty much do whatever without having to get approval. So she may have been a great girl but to him, she wasn't that amazing or he just wasn't ready to lose his freedom. Guys really need to just be vocal about what they want and i feel that would solve everything but guys argue that they shouldn't always have to explain themselves.

1|0
    0|0
  • It makes no sense.

1|0
    0|0
  • Commitment phobia?

1|0
    0|0
    • omg yes! MY friend told me he's scared of being in a relationship and having feelings. Like he actually gets panic attacks when he gets close to a girl he really likes

• Show All
    • awww. So you guys aren't talking now?

• No. He said he's seeing someone else now. Typical behavior. But I miss him.