Guys, he finds me attractive, funny and smart but why won't he date me?

I've known this guy for about a month now. We've gone on a few dates. He's told me that he finds me very attractive, funny and smart. We have a lot in common and he was sort of in disbelief on our first date when he found out how much our interests match. He was very flirty with me on our last date, always trying to touch my hand. He also told me he wanted to kiss me but I told him that I'd like to take things slow. Ever since then he's sort of backed off. He said that he felt rejected that I didn't want to kiss him. Right from the start I told him I'm not the type of girl who can sleep with a guy when I'm not in a committed relationship and he said he's not the type who plays around. I'm not sure what his problem is. Since he's attracted to me physically and mentally I don't get why he would have seen me as the 'easy' type rather than a potential girlfriend type. Can any guys shed some light on this please?

3

Most Helpful Guy

• Most relationships start with sex outside of the relationship. I doubt if he suddenly told you "Let's be bf/gf" you'd just sleep with him, so he's lost interest.

Imagine if you tried to kiss a guy and he said "No, I'm sorry". Women don't take how rejection affects men into account because since they never have to make the first move, they never actually experience rejection.

Pretty much this is how your relationship currently is; he wants sex, you want a relationship. You won't give sex without a relationship and he won't give a relationship without sex. Unless one of you changes your mind, he'll just move on.

What Guys Said 2

• He's acting like a baby and manipulating you to get you to put out. Basically, he's stripping you of any control by making you question yourself. He's playing a game (tho he says he doesn't "play around", he is indeed, playing. As men, we all do it. Some (like him) just pretend that they don't to disarm women. Hold your ground... Act as if it doesn't really matter and he will eventually cave once he realizes you're on to his game.

• sounds like a waste of time. dont sweat it much.