Is dancing a bad idea for a first date?

It's swing dancing nothing too intimate. I would enjoy teaching her. Is this too scary for a first date. Is being that much out of one's comfort zone a bad idea. Guy or girl would this being the activity impact the decision of going out or not?

Most Helpful Guy

• not at all... it's gr8 than da super-common "restaurant" 8)

What Girls Said 2

• Oh my gosh that sounds like an awesomely fun date!!! You could ask her if she's interested or not before the actual date that way she knows what to wear.

• That's my plan. I plan to ask if she's busy and if she'd like to go swing dancing with me. Do I have to explicitly say its a date. She'll most likely be with friends and I'll ask her specifically so that's pretty clear right?

• I think it's good to always be clear but it's your choice.

• It sounds like too physically demanding for a first date. Unless she does a lot of dancing anyway.

• It's not that fast and it's fun. If I noticed she was tired I'd ask if she wants to sit.

What Guys Said 3

• I think it is a good idea to try something new and being able to teach someone something new. It's a good idea. The only things to be cautious about is the fact that she may not want to be that close to you on a first date or can't give up the control. But it's not a huge deal.

• Dancing is a very good idea

• i'd say second date.. like you offer something like that when talking about that kinda topic? I really love dancing, but I know that many people don't get into that since they don't have a good rythmic "feel" for the music

• What if I ask her first. If she says no to dancing then suggest something else.

• ehm... not try to learn to dance... damn you brain

• Lol I feel you... I always say something different than what I'm thinking 😕