What does trust mean to you?

I think most of us would say that trust is a critical if not essential part of any relationship. But there are people out there who while understanding the important of trust and vows that they make (in marriage for example) yet still make the choice to break that trust. Whether it be through emotional infidelity or a more physical type of cheating (you all know what I mean. To even other mediums such as sexting which is just as bad as the others no matter how someone tries to justify it. And some people are some embolden by their infidelity that they feel need to further break the chain of trust. By breaking the trust those who they are cheating with. Granted not all people break trust or promises but some do and some is too many I think. But Im asking this to see what you think. So drop a comment tell me how you feel!

I'd like to invite some of the more active members to participate!
@Harakiri @Kheserthorpe come and tell me what you two think! I'm sure you two have a lot to
say on the matter!

Im going to include a couple of examples of what gossiping about ones infidelity looks like.

What does trust mean to you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Trust means that you believe that the other person is reliable and true to their word (honest).

In a relationship, you believe that the person will always tell you the truth and that they won't withhold important information; you believe that they will not do anything purposefully to hurt you or damage your relationship; you believe that in times of difficulty, they will have your back. I think trust is also about giving your partner the benefit of the doubt.

Trust is a two-way street, however. The other person reaffirms your trust by... well, being a trustworthy person. By being honest, caring, supportive, and holding true to their word.

I think that different people trust in different ways. Some people give trust freely, and will only lose trust if the other person undermines their trust. On the other hand, some people mistrust, and only begin to trust slowly over time, as the other person proves that they are worthy of it. Some people take more of a middle ground (i. e. they're mostly trusting, but only fully trust over time/with experience with the other person).

Sometimes our trust can have more to do with ourselves than with our partners. For example, people who are insecure may be less trusting even if they have a trustworthy partner. It's important to be able to recognize if your feelings of mistrust are based on your internal feelings, or based on your partner's actions. I don't think it's healthy to hold your partner responsible for your personal insecurities.

What Girls Said 5

• I think trust has to do with a general feeling of not feeling like you have to keep tabs, or having them kept on you. When you trust someone in a relationship, you can be happy for them that they're having fun on their own or with their friends instead of resenting them for not wanting to be attached to you 24/7. What this has to do with toothbrushes in the ass... I don't want to know.

• Oh it has everything to do with toothbrushes up the ass. But with regards to your other points I would agree. But when both parties in a relationship are no longer happy and are staying together more so out of convenience than actual happiness - then all a situation like that can lead to is more pain and betrayal.

• Well and if you cheat on your spouse, you are basically imprisoning them to a marriage where they're probably not happy either... and they could be with someone that actually wants to be with them.

• Why did they remove the toothbrush?

• Okay what did I just read?

• It means to me telling someone anything and knowing they won't say a word about it to anyone or giving them something and knowing they'll give it back.

• Trust is...*crickets*

What Guys Said 3

• To trust your partner is that you believe that they wouldn't do anything behind your back that you wouldn't do behind theirs.

• butter cookies... already told u :-P

• trust remind me of butter cookies actually... really 8)