Would a guy do that?

would a guy really cut his wrist if he likes a girl and she rejects him/makes fun of him? could a guy like someone so much to do that or he has a problem?

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, i will say that every person has right to like or dislike who they want, but making fun of someone else should never be done. As far as cutting, someone who cuts will always look for a reason to cut. They also cut for different reasons. Some cut for attention and to get their way. Some cut because they can't handle the internal pain. Some cut because it's the only way they feel control over what happens to them. There are many reasons. You cannot let someone who cuts for manipulative purposes control YOU. It is something THEY have to work on. If you give in to a cutter, they will see that it works and will continue to do it for every other situation that they can't control and you will be unhappy and lose control over yourself. That person needs psychological help. I know a few teens who cut. One does so in order to get her way and get attention. Another does so because she has a medical illness and feels like she has no control over her own body. The one who does it for attention and to get her way, makes it known what she does. She makes threats that if something doesn't happen, she will cut herself. She knows that her parents and others will give in. The one with the medical illness can't handle what she goes through every day. She has needles being poked in her body every day. She is told what she can and can't eat or do. After so many years, she needed to find some kind of control over her body and life. That's when she started cutting. She also needs psychological help, but in a different way.

• I forgot to say that the one who cuts because of her medical issues, does not voluntarily make it known that she cuts. She is not looking for control over anyone else, but herself. The only reason I know is that her grandmother found out what she was doing and has asked the advice of the parents/grandparents of others with the same medical issues.

What Guys Said 9

• A guy - or a girl - who would do that is mentally ill. There is no way to suggest that such behavior is normal or represents a healthy expression of feelings.

• Some guys do, I have a friend who is married now to someone else... He was sooooo in LOVE with a girl he was dying, cutting himself, wow, I said don't do this man we can find you far better than this, but no, he was too attached... he told her he really wanted her and she knew but she just kept her distance but then she would stare at him and smile frequently... I told her, so do you fucking want him or not (she would not reply, not even today)..

there are some guys that are really soft inside and when they fall for a girl they really fucking cry like a baby... another girl (friend) knew the situation and tried to help out but things took a surprising turn, they dated and are now married with kids.

• wow. i can't see his perspective... i cried a lot when this high school fling of mine moved to another state durin college... bt i didn't do self harm... i was ok. i didn't get depressed either... i just cried n got over it. so, i have concluded... he has issues.

• Lol, its too much, they take it over board, I think it might be even generic or something, because his older brother was similar to him, he loved a girl so much he would literally extinguish his cigarettes with his arm and it was nasty. But yes no point analysing, there is some serious emotional imbalance, a desperate need for deep love.

• If you like him then tell him, say look, when guys are interested in girls, they ask them out. not obsess over them at a distance.."they ask them out" welll? if he doesn't get that then tell her "you are a nice guy but I'm pregnant with my fiance and I hope you find someone worthy"...

My opinion is don't make fun of him, if you don;t want him then just tell him, say "sorry I don't feel the same way".

• A guy can do that.. But it means he has a problem lol

• yes... if he's ultra-sensitive... yeah 8)

• 999/1000 it is emotional blackmail based on false threats.

• If he has some mental problem or depression, yes.

• Unrational, insane guys would, yes. But a rational, sane guy would not.

• such guys do exist... and tbh, i feel really bad for them

• cowards do

What Girls Said 1

• Some people do.