Do most girls prefer to date guys bigger than them so they don't feel bad about their body?

I had some female friends tell me they won't date guys skinnier than them cause she would feel bad having her man be in better shape. I'm 5" 11 165 so I'm not skinny but not fat either. I asked if you were extremely attracted would they still reject the idea. They said yeah cause they would be self conscious about their appearance. Is this a common take women have on skinny/toned guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• it's common with girls who have body issues. many guys find curvier girls very attractive maybe you need to let them know you find them attractive and perfect the way they are so they can feel more comfortable. and love their body for how it is. I guarantee they will appreciate that.

• I find the model body type gross to be honest.

• at least you know what you like and you're honest. I'm sure you will find a girl who likes you exactly how you are, so no worries. (:

• thanks for MHO :)

What Girls Said 7

• My ex was way skinnier than me and I was so self conscious. Doing any physical thing was a huge step for me. Sitting in his lap, straddling him, taking my shirt off; all of these and more were things I was absolutely terrified of doing.
    I still liked him and didn't care about his size. The struggles weren't with his body at all but instead with my body and how I felt about myself

• Well he cared about you and it shouldn't matter cause he felt comfortable with your body that's what matters. I like curvy girls and this topic might bring up issues.

• I don't see myself as attractive and I don't think anyone should go around feeling like they are. My buddy is a male model and he is so arrogant that girls get annoyed when he talks about his shoots.

• I don't think there's anything wrong with being able to look in the mirror and like the way you look, and to be comfortable with yourself.
      But I'm none of those things. When I look in the mirror I'm always disappointed of upset with what I see and it's really caused me to hate the way I looke. And I think that's given me a really negative self image

• I usually date guys about my size.

• I would definitely not mind dating a guy who was in better shape than me- it would probably just motivate me to get as fit as him.

Even skinny guys- I don't have any problem with that. It's not ideal but I'm probably not ideal either.

• Well is 5" 11 165 skinny. Its weird I don't have a stomach so every shirt looks big on me.

• I wouldn't mind, if I really liked you as a person- your physique, body type or appearance wouldn't discourage me. So don't worry about it ☺️

• I personally would date someone smaller than me all round. I could deal with a little bit taller but defo not skinner not because I want to feel better in myself just because I supose I want to feel safe in his arms etc .

• I just don't have a stomach so I look almost anorexic cause the gap between my pecs and abs are like 3 inches.

• I just like my man to be bigger than me. I've never been into skinny guys

• I don't understand that logic of dating bigger for self consciousness cause the only person who you really need to feel truly won't judge is your SO. If he loves you I don't see an issue. I'm kinda screwed cause being on the skinnier side. Plus I don't really like girls who are super skinny.

• i would go for bigger

• I've never heard of this before.
    Most girls go for guys taller, but I've never heard of bigger

• Well I'm not growing I'm already 21/so 5" 11 is it.

What Guys Said 0