Why do people think I'm being racist just because I prefer my own race?

I mean come on. don't we all have our preferences? I'm a white woman that is only attracted to white men. I want my future husband to be white and I want my kids to be white and hopefully my future grandchildren will be white. it pisses me off that people think that I won't give other race the chance and I'm racist. I mean come on most people prefer to marry their own race anyway. I'm just not attracted to other races but white. I'm not attracted to blacks, Hispanics or Asians. My friend asked me if I find the handsomr black men attactive. I told her that I don't find them attractive or cute at all. I like my men with blue and green eyes. She got mad at me for hating on black men. I am not. I just don't find them cute or attractive. Is that so wrong?

• No. You have the rights to your own opinions.
  • Most people prefer their own kind anyways.
  • Yes. You are racist
  • maybe

Most Helpful Guy

• Who cares? Of course brainwashed leftists are gonna call you racist, fuck em. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be with your own people and for your kids to look like they're your kids.

What Guys Said 38

• It's not racist. It just your preference. For example, I tend to be more attracted to Latina/Black/Mixed girls then I am to White girls. Why? I don't know, probably because the former (s) darker skin complexion give them a more exotic look then their white counterpart, but that's just my preference. I can't control it nor change it.

It's okay to have a preference for a particular race, however it's kinda racist to turn down someone for the sole purpose of their skin color. Even though I prefer girls with a brown/dark skin complexion; that doesn't mean I'll reject a good looking white girl who I happen to be compatible with.

• "I want my future husband to be white and I want my kids to be white and hopefully my future grandchildren will be white"

"She got mad at me for HATING on black men."

"no body wants a mixed race child"

In light of what you said you are racist. Maybe not consciously, probably unconsciously. The way you were raise may have influence your way of thinking towards interracial relationships.

Everyone can choose whoever they want to be with but in your case don't expect your children or grand children to think same as you.

That phrase caught my attention. If you are not racist why did you mention the word hate in reference to black men? You could have wrote something like:

"She got mad at me for having a different opinion", instead you use HATE. Hmm
    sorry, you should do an insight if you don't see your self as racist.

• It's fair enough to have personal preferences, and though it is technically racist, you wouldn't call a straight person homophobic because they only wanted to date straight people.

BUT... it seems like you have taken things a little far, possibly because you're on the defensive. Like "hopefully my future grandchildren will be white". I mean, seriously, wtf?

• I say u are racist simply for the fact u want your grandkids to be white. Sure u can make the decisions in your own life but then hop your kids thinks just like u shows this is not just a sexual attraction but a mental decision. You in fact are racist.

• So tell me why would it matter what color your grandchildren are if your not racist. So two reasons I can think of. you're an incestuous pedophile or a racist.

• if that is what makes you feel better.

• @Eiffelgirl21 its true. U failed to make a valid arument against my logic.

• Sounds racist to me...

• @Eiffelgirl21 also kind of racist.

• ya everything to you is racist. is it racist of me to not be attracted to blacks as well? how about if I switch that and say I am not attracted to whites? then, I won't be called racist right? lol...

• Many people around the world date and sometimes only date their own race. If your reasons aren't racist ones (like thinking your race is superior or other races are beneath your's) you aren't being racist.

• Because people are always looking for excuses to be offended.

• To me it sounds like you know what you like and what you want. Nobody can really fault you for what you like that but it is a slippery slope as well, I believe thinking like that makes it much easier to become racist. Preference for your own is pretty normal, and while I disagree with you its your life not mine and I can respect that.

• no, you're not racist.

• Oh, you're clearly racist. White people aren't allowed to have racial preferences for who we date. Only non-white people are allowed to have those. Of course, they're free to exclude any group they choose and to labeled them with blanket statements, but they're certainly not racist for doing this.

• It would have been racist had you said shit like "All black men are ugly" or 'I don't like Asians because they have tiny dicks".

• It's so weird; sure every one of us have our own special preferences and we can like or love whatever we are interested in... I completely think like you;i never wish to marry with a black woman;this doesn't mean i don't respect them but i don't see a future of mine with them in anyway and if this makes me a racist, i welcome lol... i really don't care how i sound because i m sure what i am doing :)

• You might prefer your own race, but based on the description you want your future grandchildren to also be white. Then you prefer white men regardless of their nationality, creed, personality, or compatibility with you. You do sound pretty racist to me.

• Not racist at all. Only the most guilt-ridden white apologist (or Al Sharpton) would label you a racist for exercising personal choice in whom you choose to date. Black people mostly date black people, so are they racist for doing so?

• You like what you like and that is totally normal.

• When it comes to attraction it is a personal choice

• It's not racist if its just a preference, like wanting a tall guy or thin girl.

• This isn't addressed to you, but when I talk about the anatomy of a horse, does that automatically make me a horse lover?

• Most people prefer their own that's fine but just don't look down on others and its all good :)

• Do what you want, you have the right to choose.

• if gay people like men and not women, it's not not sexist. It's just who they are...
    It's the same to want to date within your own race... Everyone's a little xenophobic anyway... It's all part of being human

• No, everyone has their preferences. Some people have preferences for outside their race as well and it's not racist. Attraction is selective by nature, people are just too sensitive these days.

• Its completely ok but when you say you are not attracted to black AT ALL thats a bit not nice perhaps

• tell your critics to shove it. you're fine. wanting your kids to be your race is healthy and sane.

• So not caring about what race your children and grandchildren are, is unhealthy and insane?

• Actually, I just won't bother arguing with you, I completely disagree with almost everything you say ever. I am pretty sure we had a discussion before, and there is no point in spending any of my time on you. That's why.
      Also I didn't make your words sound worse, I just placed them as a question instead of as a statement. You made your words sound bad, just by typing them.

• @Rationalmale, stop trying. this girl is hard headed and stubborn :) +1

• Because they are uneducated liberals, you should never pay attention to anything they have to say.

• It's ok just relax

• I'd say u have the right to your opinion and nothing is wrong with your opinion

• It's your preference, I don't think it hass nothing to do with racism

• i'm lightskin and like lightskin girls. i don't see how this could be racist.

• Guys with green eyes eh?

• More from Guys
    8

What Girls Said 26

• "Hopefully my future grandchildren will be white".

If you wanting white men is just a dating preference (as you say), why should it matter what race your grandchildren are?

I do think you have a level of superiority to others who aren't the same race as yourself.

• So you're saying that I'm racist?

• Your attitude suits that of a teen

• people who do not care about their children and grandchildren are irresponsible and dumb. not only about their health and culture but about the physical appearance.

if you want to fuck fuck. nobody cares. If you want to marry and have children you will think about your future children or if you do not you are not mature enough to have children. always use a condom if you don't want to think about every aspect of what you want to create. whether your choice is to create something alike yourself or a mixed of two races you will think about your choice, your child and how he/she will be.

you are only being smart and careful. people nowadays are short sighted and dumb down everything and think everybody should do the same thing or have the same opinions.

That is for thinking about your children.

and for your preference it is nobody's business who you prefer. for any reason it is it is your choice and your taste only. no one whether directly by forcing you or indirectly with calling you racist because of who you prefer should stop you from what you want.

Who you marry is your most and most personal choice you will have in your entire life. do not let anybody affect your opinions.

have your preference and let others have their preference too. If you prefer whites only do not go and talk against whites who prefer blacks or Asians. respect them and expect respect in return.

have your choice. it is yours and yours only.

• You have the right to your own preference!

• Nah it's normal. Don't see why black/asian people can say they will only date people of their race but whites can't do the same. Everyone has their own preferences and you can't change that

• It's not racist. Everyone has their own preferences

• Just do what you've got to do to make yourself happy. Don't worry about what other people think man.

• Most people date within their race anyway.

• If white men is just your preference, then that is not racist at all. But, all this "I want my kids to be white and hopefully my future grandchildren" Then you are moving into a racist area.

• "Yeah they want their children to look like them. Nobody wants a mixed race child." That was racist, congrats you are racist @Asker

• I don't think your a racist I just think you made an ignorant statement. You can have preferences and that's fine. But to make statement like "I'm only attracted to white guys" just sous ignorant. Unless you've seen every person of every race in the world you can't really make that statement. Also to not give people a chance because of their race and deciding it's one of the largest determining factors in your relationship is where it becomes a little racist.

Also not everyone has racial preferences, that's just a fact

• I was looking for a question I answered long ago... and I said, it was my preference.

And, I agree with you, I want my ancestors to look like me. The same goes for blacks. though, their genes take majority over looks unless diluted over the generations. It is about heritage and preference. I am honestly not attracted to them. And, yes I want my heritage to be as pure as it can... though I know I have a lot of different nationalities in my ancestors. I also know that my great great great grandmother resembles me. For my black cousin, he doesn't look like me AT ALL. Nobody would even think we are related.

• The thing I find a bit Pro-Aryan and racist is that you seem to want to choose white partners for your children. Now that creeps me out. Why do you care what colour penis fucks your daughter? That's bordering on a bit weird for me. Like trying to keep a white bloodline... you know that sounds racist and well... you know... sounds like the fucking Nazi's!

• No not wrong.

• Let me just say that I really don't care who you choose to date or who you're attracted to. That's YOU & it doesn't affect me whatsoever. But to answer your question & break it down for you...

It all comes down to WHY. It's one thing if you TEND to only be attracted to one race, or you just HAPPEN to have never found another race attractive. For example, I personally hadn't seen any Asian men that I found attractive until recently. Did I totally exclude them because they were Asian? Absolutely not. That goes into MY reason WHY... because I just hadn't found one attractive YET. I didn't put their racial heritage on the forefront.

Now, the way you word things is a bit questioning.

"I'm a white woman that is only attracted to white men. I want my future husband to be white and I want my kids to be white and hopefully my future grandchildren will be white."

Again... WHY?

It seems like you highly value being white while totally excluding anyone else, not necessarily because you don't find them attractive, but because they're not white. Let's be honest, all people from one race do not necessarily look alike. Some people can actually look like another race until they tell you otherwise. To me, it sounds like you would exclude an aforementioned person as soon as you found out they weren't white.

& again, WHY do you care if your GRANDchildren are white or not? Or even your own children? It's one thing to prefer for your child to look a certain way but it sounds like you have a strong conviction about it, as if you would love them less if they weren't white. & the fact that you say you care if your grandchildren are white slightly signals that you would have a problem if your children dated outside of their race.

Let me just say this... you're entitled to your preferences, no doubt. But once certain things become MANDATORY for you, it's no longer a preference... it's a requirement. & requirements based upon race can, indeed, be racist.

But it's your life regardless.

• Just going to have to ignore it. People will call you that no matter how much you explain yourself sometimes

• No. I agree with @front2back. If your reasons aren't something racist then you're not being racist.

I'm pretty much attracted to my race. I like tanned white skin (like Latino) as well, but my preference is for white men. Occasionally I find people outside my race attractive but I've only been in relationships with white men so far.

• Of course, that's totally fine to want to stick with your own race. But, what if your kids and grandchildren married outside of your race, and didn't confirm to what you wanted? Would you disown them if they happened to be mixed? That's when it becomes a bit racist. If you wouldn't, then you're absolutely fine.

• I'll disown them

• A true racist disown their own children for marrying or dating a different race. So you pretty much telling us that you wouldn't love your children unconditionally. So there for you my friend are a racist. Just admit it. White American women are racist low lives anyways. Even European women are better than you.

• I only think it's racist if you consider yourself superior to another human because of your race. Having a preference is totally normal.

• I am puerto rican and black and my boyfriend is white. I am attracted to white, Mexican and Romanian but I wouldn't go saying I don't find black people attractive or cute at all, even though I do not date half my own race. some are very cute and very attractive like trey songs!! but I just don't have a deeper connection i guess with them enough to date.

• Your not rasist you just like your own race np but if it offends people you hang out with you shouldn't say that cause it could come off as ignorant

• It isn't racist, its just what you are attracted to. Being racist would be like saying "I won't date them because I think they're ugly and disgusting looking humans"

• Unless you talk trash about that other race then it's being racist or think them disgusting or whatever, your just attracted to white guys I don't see the big deal

• I don't see how you can't see how that might appear a little racist. There's a difference between preference and requirement. It's ok if you prefer white guys. Everyone has their own preference. But it's not ok if you say my spouse HAS to be white, and my kids HAVE to be white. When being white becomes a requirement, it becomes racist. I'm pretty sure that wasn't your intention, but it's racist if race is a requirement in your love life. What you're basically saying is, "I could never love someone of another race romantically" and that's racist. I'm not trying to attack you or anything, but I'm just trying to make you aware.

• I for one don't think you are racist for having preferences I myself as a black women do not prefer black men but I am not apposed to dating and or marrying the right one. Having preferences does not make you a racist, however wanting your children and grandchildren to stay within their own race is a bit Ignorant you should be happy if they are happy no matter if their future spouse is white or not.

• Nobody likes your white stale ass anyway.

• We all have preferences.

It's the way you're wording it that can come off as offensive. You're judging people based on race alone. People of a particular race don't all look alike. From that point of view, technically, TECHNICALLY, it's a bit racist (and by "racist," I'm referring to the definition of "racist." Not the "something negative + the topic of race = racist" everyone seems to believe nowadays).

You CAN say you're only attracted to men with blue or green eyes. From that point of view, they all happen to be white anyway (but not all whites have blue/green eyes).

• It's all about fucking preference isn't it? Do what you want to do and stop annoying us with you dumb story.