Guys, Dating, how to not be needy?

I just met up with a guy and we ended up hanging out for like for the entire day We got food went walking drove around. He is fantastic, lovely and everything but he is overcoming a addiction (group meetings, therapy) and he cantget into a serious relationship until after he's sober fora certain amount of time...

I;'m so proud of him and I want him to keep going... but I'm confused about my feelings. We said we'd date around and stuff and but I dont really feel like dating knowing he's there. I want to call him and talk to him and see him. And after he keft ( we didn't go all the way at my request) I feel lonely and want him back in my room. I never have felt like I wanted someone back in my company.

We said we would sitll date but I was so jealous at him talking to other girls. He's perfect and I feel weird and like upset and stuff. We agreed to hang out again in the future and we liked each other but were not that definate i guess because he has a addictive personality and has to go to meetings and I don't know i want to message him but i ust spent 8 hours with him... ugggggghhhh this is so f*cking annoying. I want to message him but I dont have experience dating ang keeping things going... So I may come off depserate (I am I kind of reeeeaaallly like him)
.
How can I stop being needy? Does anyone. He's so great it's just dhavd this problem. He is so great its disgusting I don't know

and i have like 3 other guys i said can take me out on a date too because of this app who I've been talking to longer over text (I over swiped right... lol) but I dont know I dont really want to see them but should I get over him for now

6

Most Helpful Guy

• In order to stop being needy, you gotta stop thinking he the BEST thing ever happen to you (even if he is). You gotta believe that you are a quality woman and have ton of options and you want him but don't NEED him.

Fill your day with thing to do so you be constantly busy. That can help.

• I think thats good sound advice, maybe i shouldn't feel he is the best thing to happen to me... that could help a lot lol

What Guys Said 5

• if u don't wanna pass as needy... better avoid texting often... yet try 2 initiate conversations 50/50 :-)

• ok ok i will wait for if he messages me lol..(sobs)

• motivate him to stop his addiction, he will feel supported and likely will lead toward strengthening your relationship.

• aw thank you :)

but here' smy fear, When a person has a addiction it may be best they get thorugh it using there own strength on there own, so they won't feel like they need someone elses help if they try to do it again. People are busy and have there own plans in life and sometime won't be able to answer the phone or be home and addictions or drugs are usually what a lot of addicts turn to when they feel alone instead of turning to themselves...

So I think maybe i shouldn't get too involved in his life now, its his journey i think... which is why im a little upset haha

• You're a needy girl who is trying to look like she isint. Lol, that would never wok. You have to be who you are in this world. If you fake it it wil be obvious.

• Able to just make herself be happy

• i actually like needy girls my fiancee is needy and emotional and i love it

• :(((
      what kind of guy would you describe yourself as and where would i find a guy who likes neediness lol

• I'm more of a shy introverted guy who loves attention and constant praise so thats my type