If you dated someone and you found out they were on things like food stamps and such, how would that impact your opinion of them?

If you were dating someone (hypothetically) and you eventually found out they used food stamps and possibly other government aid, would you change your opinion about them or possibly even reconsider dating that person?

I know there will be a lot of "it depends" but please be specific with your answers. Be as judgmental as you want.

Most Helpful Girl

• It would for me. Just hear me out here.
    If I was in a serious relationship and I was seriously considering starting a family with this man I would feel a couple things. I would feel betrayed because he didn't trust me enough to tell me about his difficulties at this moment in his life. In turn, this would make me less likely to accept the fact he was on food stamps/other stuff.
    Another thing, if I'm thinking about starting a family with this man, specially if we have talked about it before, I would be annoyed with him. I have been on food stamps and I know what they are like and I know they are a struggle. I never would wish upon my kids to go through that in my life. True some people make off well with them but thats cause they probably dupe the system illegally. Otherwise, it's literally not enough to live. Never. Would never cause my family like that or allow something like that to happen whether its food stamps or other stuff.

Also, I would probably not even talk to him in the first place if he did this, but if I found out further that he isn't attempting to get himself up from this situation I would drop him in a heartbeat. If he has no motivation to get up and do things for himself then what can he possibly do for me?

So yes, it does matter to me

What Girls Said 6

• It wouldn't affect my opinion.

• I would reconsider in dating him.. its because I only date if a man is ready to be in relationship and planning to have a family with me.. Obviously he is not ready because of his situation..
    But I will still love him and understand him, we're still friends and I won't judge based on status.. i'm just being realistic..

• Lets rephrase this I won't judge based on status But yet you say I would reconsider in dating him.. its because I only date if a man is ready to be in relationship and planning to have a family with me. You sound like a hypocrite.

• Maybe but regardless we know I'm right.

• for you, you are.. for me, you're not @Touglyforfemales whatever 😪

• No, because they might be having trouble right now, we all go through hard times

So I wouldn't judge him on that

• I wouldn't. How much money someone has doesn't effect the way I see them.

• No! It's okay to be on food stamps! There's nothing wrong with that. Being poor just means you're poor, not that you're a bad person. Just keep on doing your best :)

• No. If I liked someone, I wouldn't care about their financial situation, unless they couldn't support themselves at all.

What Guys Said 5

• I won't even bat an eye and care. Its not a big deal to me.

• No I would not judge them on that. We all run through rough patches in life

• I would probably not be interested unless it was due to circumstances beyond their control.

With the usual caveat, "unless she was smokin' hot" :)

• Not at all... everyone goes through hard times!

• I can't wait for the girls to say they wouldn't care, lying bitches. I'd probably wonder why she needs to, but as long as she has the right attitude and wants to get on in life I wouldn't care, I might feel a bit of sympathy.