What does it mean when a guy dumps u and then he say o we r just taking a brake and never stopped talking?

so my boyfriend for two years dumped me one day for no reason and now he tells me and my friend that we r just takeing a brake but whats the difference and he never stopped talking he says he doesn't wanna lose me but he isn't ready yet and when i talk to outher guys that are just my friend he says things like block him or yell at him or did u tell him ur someone else's im so confused whats going on here

is it bad that. i kind like one of my friends and my friend likes me but this is all new cuz it didn't start until after the brake or brake. up and i still love my ex is that bad
i understand that but most of my ex boyfriends have all cheated on me tho

Most Helpful Girl

• He can't have it both ways. It sounds like another friends with benefits bullshit situation. If he dumped you it means he has lost all of his girlfriend privileges from you. If he misses that, and wants you to not be accessible to other guys then he shouldn't have dumped you, and he should ask you to come back and tell you he's sorry for being so juvenile.

As soon as someone does what he did, as far as I'm concerned you are a free agent. There's a difference between taking things slow to just breaking up. But he didn't even want the relationship to change! It's as if he wants to be able to tell people he's single, but keep you around as a backup plan so he can still access his girlfriend privileges without feeling obligated to be committed. It's a way for people to put insurance on their bad behaviour if things suddenly don't work out. They can come back and say, "Hey babe we DID break up after all."

I'd get rid of him or have a serious talk with him that things either improve and you go back to how you were and to make things even better, or tell him you understand taking a break ultimately means breaking up and that you are both single and will enjoy the privileges of being single. If he denies that this was his meaning, then clarify what "taking a break" is (it will usually mean that he doesn't want to go out in public with you), then you can say that that's not the relationship you signed up for. You're either in this or out of this.

• we were in like this long distance relationship thing cuz he is in Wisconsin and im in Michigan but he didn't dump me until after one of my friends tried to kiss me and desided to be a total ass to him and he keeps telling me he doesn't wanna lose me and that he wants me back but he has to figure stuff out and that he isn't ready yet

What Guys Said 1

• I think guys that do this are assholes.. He broke up with you.. whys he still talking to you? Because he's hoping to leave his options open.. if his new girl doesn't work out, or he doesn't even find a new girl, hell be hoping you'll take him back whenever he wants..

What Girls Said 4

• He's taking a break because someone else may be occupying his mind. Him saying he doesn't want to lose you is in case this other thing doesn't work out. You're better off not being his "maybe". Talk to other guys and ignore his issues with that. He doesn't own you.

He doesn't get to tell you what to do. :) He's not your boyfriend anymore! Tell him it's his loss!

• He's an f'n liar and selfish? LOL.

1) There's a difference between a break and a dump.

2) I think he got jealous that you "seemed" to be moving on from him when he saw you talking to those other guys (who he didn't know were your friends). So he made this lie up.

3) YOU are not a toy. You are not at his beck and call. If you feel like you are done with him, you are. That's it. He shouldn't control the relationship... especially when lying like a brat.

• Don't take him back your probably his back up girl if others don't work out leave his sorry ass find a real man

• he changed his mind. just leave him.