Do you over look the obvious flaw for a great person?

I met a tall man that marks ALL of my wants. We have great conversation, he is respectful, on our first date he prayed over dinner and asked me not to get a door.
So whats the problem?
When I gave him my number I didn't notice his outward flaw.
When I met him for a date my heart sank. Even though I caught hints on the phone when he said he was in the process of getting his gap fixed. If he doesn't smile he's perfect. This is something that is fixable and I've been there so thats why Im having a heart about it. Over the last year I have lost 85 pounds, and have gone through major dental work and I hadn't smiled since I was in my twenties. Im 36 and fixed my gap, fixed the issue with missing teeth and now I am totally happy with me.
How do I over come this or if I dump him am I shallow? I want to talk to him and tell him my experience to inspire him to go through the dental work, but I also dont want to jump in fixing him. And I dont want to hurt his feelings.
What do I do?
Its like michael strahan gap plus his teeth slight push forward.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Lol the guy, I like has teeth grown crookedly and its not quite white. I think its maybe due to the antibiotics that ruined his teeth as a child... But his personality and heart is more important. At first I was taken by it and thought the worst of him. But I got over it.

What Guys Said 2

• well it really depends on what that obvious flaw is. I do have my definite deal breakers.

he said he's working on it though right? depends if you can wait and see the results.

• If that gap bothering you is more important than getting to know this guy, then don't pursue him.

What Girls Said 2

• Make it clear.. You want to marry him or his teeth's..

• Sure I would, wouldn't you?