Anyone here with anxiety succesful at dating?

really wantto ask this girl out. anxiety and doubt makes it hard. but even if we do go out i dont know if i could keep up a relationship. i hate going to bars resturants etc. thought of meeting her friends and family and them judging me. blah

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh my gosh I am a super anxious person when it comes to me leaving the house or new people coming over. Like we won't go into all the thought that goes into an outing D:

Basically it's like taking of a bandaid or getting in the water. If you go slow and think about everything you do it hurts or it's super cold! But, if you just go for it the worst part is over right away and you can get on with your day. So you get out and try new things and they'll be scary at first, but it will get easier super fast and you'll have a great time!

If you're having a hard time dealing with the struggle of getting over that first plunge it's a good opportunity to look into therapy and/or medication. It can really make a positive impact in your life :)

Either way it sounds like you have some fun opportunities ahead of you!

What Girls Said 5

• Hey, I have social anxiety and I've been with my boyfriend for a little over a year. I can say that I still painfully shy around his family and absolutely hate when we go to his relatives house because usually everyone is there. Not to mention there is a language barrier.. I don't know if I'll ever feel really comfortable around any of them, but other than that, we have a great relationship, and he understands that I have social anxiety and I am just no good around people.

• you think I should tell the girl who is interested in me

• Completely up to you. I didn't tell mine until we were Abit into our relationship, I did warn him before hand how shy I am. But up to you :)

• I know what you mean - I'm going through that right now and I feel all flushed and panicked when I think about the potential future with this person (or anyone). I'm exhausted already.

• I know right. well if it makes you feel better your cute and id date you ;)

• well im around same age. if your ever in ny ill take you on a anxiety free date llol

• haha Sounds great :p

• Hey, I have PTSD, bad anxiety from PTSD, and Social Anxiety. All relationships I've gotten in have been fruitful, and if anything, they help you open up and let go of that anxiety you have. I used to be married and then something horribly tragic happened to me, and my marriage collapsed. I found it impossible to trust anyone, or really say anything without bursting into tears. I started sucking it all up, hiding the anxiety, and mustered up the courage to ask someone out, as a feat for myself, to prove that I wouldn't let my experience ruin the rest of my life. I threw myself into the relationship headfirst, and now I can happily say that I can control it. You can as well, but you have to be willing to embarrass yourself, forgive yourself, and pull yourself back up again until you find someone willing to be the one who has such a big impact on your life. Some people can't handle us, but the ones that willingly do take the time with us, make changes that we will never forget.

• i take medication and it helps a lot.

• Oh yeah. I have bad anxiety, and I've had 5 boyfriends now. It's hard at first but once you get used to it it isn't so bad.

• you think I should tell the girl who is interested in me that I have anxiety. she probly knows a little already

• Yeah I would. It's easier, because then if you're having a panic attack it's not a surprise and they know. I always told them early on so that they would know why I'm so anxious. She shouldn't judge you for it or anything.

What Guys Said 1

• hi i have anxiety and i am currentley engaged yes it took time to get over it i didn't get my first girlfriend until 24 but one day i just got the courage to ask her out and everything went well

• not really afraid to ask her out. but then it will be a build up of nerves until date is over. or going really well

• yes it was a nervous experience but yoi just gotta go with it and be youreself