Are most guys with Asperger's shy?

I used to be unaware of my diagnosis, but in the past year when I found out, I've been trying very hard to avoid the stereotype of Asperger's, so many people see me as a push-over since I let them:

-Interrupt my sentence when they hear something interesting. (Me: "So I'm thinking of doing crossfit and.." Girl: "Wait, my sister has the same exercise routine..." It keeps on going with her.)

-Over-compliment people so they don't see me as cold and eccentric.

-Shy when it comes to gossip and sex jokes since I don't want to offend people like I many autistics do.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, they are shy.

What Girls Said 1

• It just depends on the person. My brother is super shy, but there was a kid I used to babysit and he was not shy at all XD Like he was more than ready to talk about anything and everything. At least when he was 12 XD

What Guys Said 3

• (this is tinkerbell) not necessarily. you should just be yourself though, dont make it obvious that you're acting a specific way, just be you and people that enjoy hanging out with you will still enjoy hanging out with you.

• No clue. I guess you just have to live with it.

• i have aspergers and yes i am very shy i didn't even get kissed until 24 but one day i worked up the courage to ask out my fiancee on a date and everything went well its all about taking charge and being confident