Are most guys with Asperger's shy?

I used to be unaware of my diagnosis, but in the past year when I found out, I've been trying very hard to avoid the stereotype of Asperger's, so many people see me as a push-over since I let them:

-Interrupt my sentence when they hear something interesting. (Me: "So I'm thinking of doing crossfit and.." Girl: "Wait, my sister has the same exercise routine..." It keeps on going with her.)

-Over-compliment people so they don't see me as cold and eccentric.

-Shy when it comes to gossip and sex jokes since I don't want to offend people like I many autistics do.

0|1
2|3

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, they are shy.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• It just depends on the person. My brother is super shy, but there was a kid I used to babysit and he was not shy at all XD Like he was more than ready to talk about anything and everything. At least when he was 12 XD

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• (this is tinkerbell) not necessarily. you should just be yourself though, dont make it obvious that you're acting a specific way, just be you and people that enjoy hanging out with you will still enjoy hanging out with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • No clue. I guess you just have to live with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • i have aspergers and yes i am very shy i didn't even get kissed until 24 but one day i worked up the courage to ask out my fiancee on a date and everything went well its all about taking charge and being confident

0|0
    0|0