Girls, have you ever dated a guy you original did not like?

If so, what made you dislike him then change your mind?

13

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, my ex husband I couldn't stand. All the girls wanted to get with him, and he seemed like an attention whore. I thought I got to know him, and I loved him for who I thought he was, he manipulated me badly. I still love the person I thought he was, the guy that came out when he was not sleeping around on me, or looking for acceptance from the entire local populace. I dated a cocky man, I couldn't stand his voice, the sex was great, until he got way too kinky for me in bed, like fetish kinky, I lost the attraction quickly. Another guy I couldn't stand was really really whiney, he kind of reminded me of a baby when he talked, so naive and immature. I started dating him because he was COMPLETELY different from my ex's, so I figured I'd try something different and see what it was like to date him. He was very kind sometimes, and then reminded me of a toddler most of the time. I loved him, but couldn't stand his whining anymore, he would whine about how he wanted to marry me, and it was cute, but that he didn't want to buy a ring, or propose, or have a thought out wedding. I stopped wasting my time. Every guy I've dated bar one, I haven't liked at first, but every relationship I've had, I took something good away from. The one relationship I was in where I liked the guy right off the bat was amazing, the only three things that weren't right were that he smoked cigarettes, he once told me he was rich, and made his money as a high end drug lord (unconfirmed), and he was cheating on me... a lot. I kicked him to the curb quicker than the rest of them.

What Girls Said 12

• Yeah, he grew on me after a few months.

• Yes, I hated him because he would constantly annoy me, like he would take my books and hold it way above my head, or run all around the room with them, he would try to take my chairs out from under me, just obnoxious things like that.

Then one day, some dude was messing with me, He was calling me some pretty dirty names, and so the one who annoyed me ended up being the one who stuck up for me and made the other guy back down, and yah, that kinda changed my mind pretty quickly

• Yes, many many times... It wasn't because I disliked then originally, just that I wasn't attracted to them. Most of them I just kind of threw my hands up, said "Fuck it, I'm single. What do I have to lose?" and took them up on their offer to date. None of them lasted longer than a month. It turns out, if you're not attracted to someone, you won't like dating them, no matter what people try to tell you =P

• I may be an odd case but it's good to have the opinion from a wild card every once in a while. I can tell within the first ten seconds of meeting you in person weather I want to be with someone or not. I've tried it, but my opinion has never changed. On the other side of things I've acted like a little asshole for the attention of someone I really do like. Its really a complicated subject, I might be able to answer more accurately if you provided more detail. I hope that this did answer your question to some degree though. Girls can be strange creatures, I'll admit it, you've just got to be open. No garentees she will, but it helps if you are.

• I've known a lot of women who have said something along the line of " when I first met him I couldn't stand him, he was loud and obnoxious, he tried to hard to get me but then I got to know him and I've loved him ever since". Really this is a post as to figure out why women do that. So I guess I should have asked it differently

• Not sure if this counts, but originally I wasn't that attracted to my boyfriend. Now I think he is a really great looking guy. He kept asking to see me and I wasn't seeing anyone else at the time and it just kind of happened.

• Not a relationship that worked out in the end.

• I have, I didn't dislike him, I just didn't like like him. But, the more I talked to him the more I had liked his personality.

• No, if I dont like them, I wouldn't date them.

• Hahahahaha hated my boyfriend at first. We're so similar when we met it was total war.

• Lots of times.

• yes and now he's my boyfriend and we want to get married :D when i first met him i thought he was ugly and im usually really shallow about guys (they have to be really hot for me to like them, sorry its just me). anyways, after we talked for a while i started to like him more and more (as a friend), and then in a couple weeks he asked me if i wanted to be his girlfriend, and i said yes bc i didn't really like him, but i wanted to be nice and didn't want to hurt his feelings. so, after a while of dating him, i fell in love with him, which i thought would never happen in a million years. and now he makes me the happiest person alive :) and he loves me so much, but i think i love him more ;D so i guess being nice and saying yes was the best decision of my life! <3 sorry its so long i was bored haha

• Yes I did I was never interested in him but still I did