Im white and my boyfriend is black. but my parents are racist. what do I do?

my boyfriend and i have been dating for a little over a year his parents and family know and love me but none of my family knows about him because theyve always been very against interracial relationships. but i love my boyfriend and he loves me but i can tell he's getting irritated with them not knowing id like to tell my family but im not sure how to and im slightly scared to tell them but i hate us being a secret. any opinions on what i should do that would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, just because your parents are against interracial relationships, doesn't mean they're racist. Some people are just traditional in the sense of dating. My dad is a white man against interracial dating but he has African-American, Latino, Asian friends and so on. He just has that traditional mindset. I have nothing against interracial relationships myself but I won't call these people RACIST. Unless, of course, your parents are actually racist for other reasons you didn't list.

Anyway, this is a tough situation, since you're under 18 years old. I would try to convince your parents but this probably won't go over too well. Unfortunately, since you're under 18, they have authority over you. Good luck.

What Guys Said 5

• How old are you? If your parents are racist then you just keep them apart and never speak of him I guess. They are just ignorant.

• @LocketandCharms are you black or Indian? So you are open to dating white guy's now then? Are your parents against that?

• Lol that's a good question. Yes I love Caucasian men, I don't usually call people white. Call me Olivia Pope, id take Jake or Fitz

• You should tell them. Honestly. Hopefully they love you as much as they should and understand that if he makes you happy, he's a good match for you. Race and skin color shouldn't affect your choice.
    And if they don't understand... Well... Tell them to go F*** themselves and welcome them to the 21st century.

• Tell them I want this boyfriend for few months on contract then will leave the n hunt the white one,

• Sounds like an episode of Jerry Springer.

• What's more important, your boyfriend or your families acceptance?

What Girls Said 3

• Tell them that you love him and you really want them to accept him.

• Where are you from? And keep it secret until you move the hell out dude.

• I would keep it a secret and if I really cared about him them I would leave because I'd be disowned anyway.
    But that's just me.