Guys, i'm 50 and ugly. Nice figure/personality, ugly face. I thought guys my age would care about niceness, but they don't. what to do?

i've been attempting online dating unsuccesfully now for almost 2 years... feel so demoralized, am too old for plastic surgery to help. and its starting to make me mad, which i also know won't help, but its hard to keep being upbeat and cheerful and act confident when you know you can't please men for a reason you have no control over.

6

Most Helpful Guy

• Stop being so hard on yourself. You just haven't met anyone yet

• no, sorry, dudes ditch me after exchanging lots of funny emails and then they ask for more pictures. its happened a bunch of times.

• I'm sorry

• I would suggest you to meet people face to face rather than meeting them online.

What Guys Said 5

• 1. I'm not trying to patronize you but girls always have a problem with either their looks &/or body.
    2. This could well be just a phase of things not working out
    3. Like people here have mentioned, meet them in person than sending out pictures
    4. Whichever way sending pics online isn't a great idea (I certainly don't condone it)
    5. And honestly, men who want to settle down are more for the personality, body, chemistry (including sexual) & compatibility more than looks

• Meet more single men. Listen to them. Throw out the D-bags, keep a nice one. No woman needs to be Miss Universe to please a man. A woman mainly needs to find the good words at the right moment.
    Men who want a Miss Whatever___ aren't Mister Universe nor Einstein either. They might be D-bags.
    Success
    PS, my wife is older than you and I love her.

• oh well... some guys actually... might not even care about age... hope u'll find somebody :-)

• I don't know, I always thought that church was the best place to meet people

• UGLY? really? Uglier than a person who has been a victim of acid attack?

• You got attacked with acid?

• I have not been, but I have seen such women. When these women can find their soul mates, why can't a normal person? I recently read a person married an acid attack victim. In my opinion, marrying an acid attack victim is among the most courageous deeds. Humanity is not dead as yet, good people still exist. No one is ugly in this world. You will meet good people very soon if you are confident about your looks and personality and you do not compare yourself with TV/movie stars/models.

• i understand you mean to be nice, but the fact that you think marrying an acid attack victim is courageous... why? its not like she's a serial murderer, or a terrible person, so why is marrying her such a great act of courage? that's the problem. faces are just shells we have no control over, but we act as if they mean something. so stupid.