How do I handle meeting my boyfriends 3 year old son?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a month and we are going to a memorial day parade on 5/20. My daughter who is 7 and his son who is 3 (which he has full custody of) will be there. We have never met each others kids and I'm kinda scared to meet him. I'm scared for a couple reason and they are because I don't want to do or say the wrong thing when I'm around because he is still little and learning and I don't want to over step my boundaries. Also his mom is still in the picture and sees him on the weekends and I don't want to step in and have her feelings hurt because she thinks I'm going to try and play mommy to him. My boyfriend told me not to worry about her because she has her own issues and doesn't have custody of him only visitation on the weekends. Right now I'm just hoping he likes me and I don't do or say anything stupid so my boyfriend gets upset with me. I bet he is just as nervous about meeting my daughter and he has told me he just doesn't want her to think he is trying to take her mommy away and I told him he doesn't need to worry about that. I'm just so scared to meet his son. I'll take any advice I can get and if anyone else ever been in this situation what did you do or how did you handle it?

What Guys Said 1

• I'd say that you should just act normally and be nice to the boy that nothing can go wrong.

What Girls Said 1

• Why are you scared?