Boyfriend wants to take another girl to prom/ball?

My boyfriend wants to take another girl to his school prom/ball! He asked for my permission first, and i said yes because what else could I have said? She's just a friend, and the only reason why I'm not going is because no students from outside schools are allowed, and I dont go to his school. :( What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• She may be super pretty but so are millions of girls :) if a guy is not a cheater by nature, he would not cheat with a supermodel. And don't forget he's with you…he chose YOU :)

If he wanted to do anything he shouldn't be, he could go to formal alone and then flirt with her all night. Taking her isn't the issue. At the end if the day the question is do you trust him?

• @lwjwamo this was a great answer and I will just say ditto instead of commenting :-)

• Yes! If he was going to do something wrong, he would have said he was going by himself and then met up with her anyway since you aren't going. He doesn't want you to feel out of the loop so that is a great sign. Put faith in that. No matter what happens you have no control of another person :-)

• In other words what she is saying is he will chest if he wanted to cheat. But don't bs if she's attractive and he's anything like guys I've come across he'll have little restraint especially under the influence of alcohol

What Guys Said 10

• Is there an after-prom party? If so, suggest that the three of you attend together. If he and the other girl are just "friends," they should not object. If they do object, then maybe you need to find a new boyfriend.

• Put a mask on and just go one of those ball room mask where it hides your face, go for it

• i guess as friends only... no?

• Oh I did this and I still feel bad.

It was the other way around though.

First I invited a girl from outside the school but then I got a girlfriend inside the school and had to take the girlfriend instead.

The girl from outside still brings it up and it was 10 years ago.

• Personally I wouldn't have gone in his situation. Friend or no, fuck that. All that money spent on a few hours. Yegh. And then risking a relationship for a 'friend' is just all sorts of iffy

• Ummm. week if that if you in you profile pic... then he is blind i guess... and an idiot

• if you trust him there nothing to worry about is there? if you dont trust him then what you doing with him?

• I wouldn't do anything. A lot of people go to prom as friends. It's not a big deal

• What's the problem?
    I don't know about the US, but here for

• graduation dance it is kinda common that e. g. the first dance or the first hour or whatever is only for students of the school, so you gotta choose someone from your school and year. Nobody complains.

• If you think she's just a friend. ... you wouldn't ask this question

What Girls Said 7

• What should you do... about what? You've already told him it's fine... so are you having doubts now? You could always tell him that you aren't comfortable with it, I suppose.

• He's with you, not her. If he wanted to date her, he would be dating her. He's just trying to help out his friend to have a great prom night. No one wants to go prom alone.

• Don't sweat it, just ask to meet up with him afterwards. Then you can go and tell him how sweet he is for taking another girl to prom.

If he's being upfront and asking you then it sounds like he isn't trying to hide anything from you, he just wants a date for the prom and that's fair enough I think since you can't go. He'll be in safe hands I am sure.

• Think logically.. Make your self calm first..
    Do you trust your boyfriend?
    And what the point for you to worry?

• Do you trust him?

• i dont know... yes?

• well there are clearly doubts in your mind. if i were you i would just let him. the worst that can happen is he starts liking her then you break up. if that was the case then you're not meant for eachother anyway. if you say to him he can't then he might break up with you anyway for being controlling

• How dare he

• Don't worry about it. They are only going together as friends.