Is there any way to beat a psychopath at his own game? has anyone else dated a psychopath / sociopath?

Just realized I've been dating a psychopath. The only one thing that was good about him was sex. He vanished for a week and now making contact. I understand this is the hoovering stage as he wants to remain control.

Cease contact is probably the best bet as they fuel on people's emotions. Just curious if there are ways to beat them at their own games?

here's sign you are dating a psychopath http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/07/dating-a-psychopath_n_4378946.html

Most Helpful Girl

• Unfortunately I married young and stupid... to a sociopath. Your absolute best bet is to run for the hills and never look back. There is no beating them at their own game unless you can think like them and feel no empathy for hurting someone. To be truthful, he probably wouldn't even notice if you beat him at his own game, he'd twist it in his head to imagine it's something else or worse, try to get back at you. Leaving my now ex was a disaster and these people enjoy revenge and don't feel things like normal people. Avoid him like the plague and pretend you never met him, that'll be more of a strike to his ego than anything.

• Sorry to hear about that but now you are free and your experience makes you wiser and stronger.

Ok so ignoring him is the best slap to his ego. Just curious if your ex ended up stalking you or harassing you cos his ego can't handle that'?

• Haha!! Ohh man the eyes... ;) Yes, I like that perspective, we won!! ha

• Funny thing is my friend told me to just use him for sex LOL I'm like mm is that possible? I mean now that I know he is a psychopath / sociopath my heart is not invested anymore... just afraid he will use me in other ways

What Guys Said 6

• nooooooo i'd just run away :-|

• I'm sure he is already onto his next victim.. he vanished for over a week and reappeared.. it's only through text no calls..

• It's not a game, they need help.

• I didn't know I was considered a psychopath by the Huffington Post.

• Psychopaths are great in bed. Keep him around for sex LOL

• ur such a liar

• Guess I'm 1/3 psycho for treating a lady right.

What Girls Said 5

• Who's the psychopath? This is so petty and childish. Why would you want to waste your time trying to hurt someone who literally doesn't care? You're giving him your time and attention. He wins. Just get away from him before he makes you crazy too. Unless you're just stupid, because that's on you.

• Dump them and disappear on them? Not give them an explanation.

• he disappeared on me, I never reached out and now he is contacting me... I wish i realize he was psychopath earlier...

• ok Should I unfreidn mutual friends too? or just leave them there? I wish I saw that article earlier... I always knew something was wrong

• No keep the friends. :s

• Yeah I wouldn't touch it. I would run as fast as you can. Just cut off contact and leave.

• Start talking to him again and then suddenly drop him

• have you tried that?

• True... I'm just afraid he will go around and tell people we had sex or some sort

• If that would really affect you just leave it

• Moving on would be a great way to beat him at his own game. Move on and DO NOT LOOK BACK! When he calls ask him who is this?

• no calls yet.. just text