Girls, would you reconsider a guy if he transformed his body?

I fell for this girl my freshman year at college, and I flirted with her for about 6 months before making a move. When I did, she rejected me, and I found out from another girl that she liked me but didn't feel a physical spark with me. Basically she thought I was too soft and "roll-y poll-y." I was crushed hearing this, and it made me realize that other girls probably thought the same thing about me.

I worked hard to get in shape, and I lost about 35 pounds of fat while adding muscle. The big thing is that I changed my body composition from 22% bodyfat to 9% bodyfat (DEXA scan). I've transformed my body, and I finally have like a 4 pack lol. My question is, would she reconsider me now that I've overcome my fatness and struggled to make myself look more masculine? Is her rejection permanent, or would she maybe rethink things now that I look different?

6

Most Helpful Girl

• any women that choose their partner based on his weight are deeply confused and probably still naive about sexuality and true masculinity. You REALLY don't want a woman like that.

Look, Tony Soprano doesn't have any trouble getting laid. Neither did The Notorious B. I. G. Hell, Action Bronson is a perfect modern example of this. Experienced women appreciate the raw sexuality of confidence and power. Why do you suppose the kings with the naughtiest reputations happen to be the fattest? Because size is a display of power and wealth; and women are attracted to those things- these are historical and biological truths.

I'm not even trying to tell you not to date a girl like her because she is shallow. I am telling you that you shouldn't bother because she does not seem to be in tune with sexuality or her own biology. She needs a little more experience

• It doesn't work that way with American college girls. Wish it did, but it doesn't. Girls my age treat fat guys like we have a fatal disease. Most fat guys are among the last to have gfs and sex.

What Girls Said 5

• If the only reason she didn't find you attractive before was your weight, maybe. There are other factors to attraction. She might not like you as a person, either.

• No, that's not the issue at all. As I said in my OP, we flirted for six months, and she even told another girl that she liked me.

• Oh, honey, privilege isn't exclusive to race. You're male. You have privilege.

• LOL what would that be? Women have it better in almost every facet of life now, especially if they forego motherhood.

• I wouldn't turn a guy down in the first place just because I didn't like his body. But this girl could be different. Also it seems like you've worked really hard here, so throwing it all away would be more pointless than trying. Tell her how hard you've worked for her, and if she still can't see how amazing you are then she's obviously not worth your time.

• Lots of girls exclude guys who don't have "the body."

• That's true, a lot of them do, but they probably shouldn't is what I'm saying. True love would exist with or without "the body"

• Yeah, I guess if she finds you physically attractive.

• Well, if her issue with me was my fatness, wouldn't she re-evaluate if I was not longer soft?

• Two years.

• That's a while ago. There's always a chance. Go for it.

• yeah she could reconsider, it will just depend on her.

• Yes it's possible. I saw it happen at school - tye fst kid no girs would talk to except me because he was a realy sweet guy became a tall, lean and really good looking man. Then everyone wanted him.

• *the fat no girls