What's the meanest/rudest rejection you've ever given or received when 'being asked/asking' out? / What's the worst way to be rejected?

• Get told no in front of everyone
  • Get a bag full of brownies with "Sorry but hell no but you can go down on me" on it
  • Get a yes then show up and they've ditched you for someone else
  • They indirectly post on their social media that want to tell a loser no but use no names
  • A guy be like "You're not suppose to ask a guy out"
  • Laugh in their face and just walk away
  • Get a yes then recieve a bag of poop in the mail with the words "sike"
I've never rejected anyone rudely well I kind of just kept blowing this guy off / leading him on I suppose but he was super pushy so evrytime I said no, he kept asking so I was just like yea and then ignored him some, but pretty much every guy who has asked me out openly, I said "no. I'M sorry but i'm not allowed to date" or "im sorry but I like someone else"

Most Helpful Girl

• The one that stuck with me was 6th grade. I had a big crush on this one boy and everyone knew it because one of the other boys snatched my notebook where I had written his name and mine in a heart. So long story short, we were at lunch and my crush walks up to me and asks me did I want to go out with him. I said yes of course. I was excited. Right before lunch ended he came up to me and asked for a hug and when I went to hug him he backed up and laughed and then dumped me. He actually said "you didn't actually think I was serious did you?" And my whole class was in on it. Everyone was laughing at me.

Yeah... it stuck with me.

What Guys Said 15

• Ok so all of my rejections go like this "I tell the girl who beautiful she is get to know her a little bit. Then I aks her out and then she says "aww sorry but I have a boyfriend." But I've only been rejected 7 times. But when I wasI n school I had this one girl who was obsessed with me she would aks me out everyday. I mean form the third grade all the way up until we graduated but I never went out with her because she had bad hygiene. She was average looking had a nice body but I could do it. So she would aks me all the time what was I doing later on and I would tell her "minding my own business." And my friends would luagh at her. Now I never intended to embarrass her but I know I did. It's like she was cool to talk to but she can get annoying because she talked too much for me. But if I see her today I swear I will apologize don'tThe way I treated her. because I feel so bad about how I acted. I guess that s why karma is fucking with me now lol. Rn I'm in love with girl In a relationship and i found out she is using me as her back up. And I would just walk away but it's hard because she my first love. But it hurts to stay and wait for her to be with me but it tilts dump to stay In a situation where your hurting every day because you can't have someone. I've been hurting like this for 7 mounths now. But I know I deserve to be hurt like this after the way I treated that one girl who was obsessed with me. But after I get over her no more looking for love because I know karma is gonna end up fucking me over agin. And I'm not trying to get hurt a third time.

• This is so funny, I asked this EXACT same question a few weeks ago actually.

Anyway, I didn't vote because only two of those rejections have happened to me ("A" and "C".) Those weren't as bad in my opinion as some of my other rejections.

The cruelest rejection I've had is the ONLY time (yes, just once) a girl rejected me because I was too "ugly." She was just brutally honest.

I actually didn't mind it too much. She was just being honest and I can't expect every girl to find me physically attractive. However, it was the cruelest/harshest though. Most girls usually say "you're not my type" or " maybe"(giving indirect answers.)

• never been asked out neither ask out somebody... only online and jokingly... and i received da answer..."fuck off creep" : O

• B, D, and G wouldn't hurt that bad. I don't undestand E. I have no clue why A got so many votes because that wouldn't make much of a difference to me. F would destroy my self confidence, but C would be by far the most painful.

• thats exactly what I thought because like after you putting effort, they bailed. I was confused why so many people are afraid of being rejected in front of others b/c usually people find out anyway.

• @nikiroxs exactly. Its no different than them rejecting you one on one. I think the putting effort in and bailing is part of it, but just seeing them with another guy would make it twice as painful.

I only really say that because i can't even stand the sight of other guys flirting with my crush (even though she is way too good for all of the ones that have flirted with her, and they haven't gotten anywhere). But just seeing her with another guy would be super painful- she wouldn't have even had to reject me.

• Well, one time in school, I went to check on my locker and there was a note in it. It was a love letter with a prom invitation from some girl in my year. However, due to personal experiences I assumed it was just silly girls as always just pranking/teasing me so I just sighed deeply and crumbled the letter up. Then I hear a girl running away crying and it was that girl who apparently wrote the letter, it appears she was watching me read it... Turns out it was a serious letter after all. ._.

• tsk tsk
      shame on you.
      You should have went after her and explained that you thought it was a joke.

• Her friends would not let me go near her.

• I liked this girl she handed my sister a note to give me
    saying that Sandy Loves Steve

• One time I was getting close with this girl and she rejected me because I looked just like her Ex she said. lol wtf, aw fuck bye I can't help that?

• I've gotten some horrible rejections before. I just don't understand why people can't just nicely say they are not interested. It's like they enjoy making you feel like shit and embarrassed.

• Being in my 6th relationship now, I have not been rejected yet.
    But since I am now extremely afraid of rejection, I think any type of rejection can be disastrous for me.

• asked her number and she replied " why you need my number " ?

and me bangs my head to the wall

• Never rejected anyone, bc I've never been asked.

• I cried when I learned my sister got raped.

The girl I asked out heard about it and mocked me in front of a group of people :(

• That girl is a real bitch to be honest. I would have slapped her for you.
      I swear, If I were you, I would have found out where she lived and left a bag of shit on her porch with a note saying "thanks for being a shitty person".

• That would have just caused more problems. She knew some people at my work.

I haven't really wanted to date anymore since then. That was a little over a year ago :(

• If I had a nickel for every rude and abusive rejection I've had, I could buy America AND pay off the national debt.

• It can't be that bad, care to share an experience as you are anon anyway

• Of course I'm exaggerating :-D

But the words 'Die', 'Fuck off' and 'Creep' has been used on several occasions.
      Mostly when I was younger.

• all ov them

• One time I messaged a girl on okcupid asking about her music tastes and her response was you look like a pedophile.

Another one I asked if she played frisbee golf since she likes frisbee and got blocked.

What Girls Said 12

• I've been laughed at and told no in front of everyone. Then everyone pointed and laughed.
    The worst bit was, I didn't want to do it because I was the fat kid at school and knew it was a joke. But there was a part of me hoping it wasn't. Of course, I was right.

The worst thing I've ever done, and I'm not proud, I was very very drunk. And I was at a nightclub, a very skanky nightclub. Put it this way, they served me a PINT of WINE. That skanky.
    Someone came up to me and said "you're beautiful, can I kiss you?" And I said "nooooooope" and put my hand in his face and pushed him away. I was technically in a relationship but he wasn't the most gorgeous of men either.

Pretty ashamed about both.

• The worst rejection I ever did... he'd defined our friendship as platonic (actually said "I see you like a sister"). I took it as "this guy does not want to get in my pants and never will -cuddling and banter are definitely not gonna be misinterpreted". His feelings shifted, and rather than tell me immediately, he did the "Nice Guy" thing -and then basically told me he knew I had feelings for him and owed it to him to try -I freaked out (the phrase, "bro, what the FUCK" got used) completely and we didn't talk for a month.

• A guy friendzoning me in my face at a vulnerable moment (had my period and was crying because someone said something mean to me). He was not rude or anything though and I forgave him. Later he asked me to have sex with him (asked in a nice and understandable way). I said no, but became really insecure about it. Later he said it was a joke.

• I was only knowingly rude once, I just looked at him and walked away.

• Keep in mind, it was a week after my boyfriend died. He knew that.

• Lol, I'm 5'8 too. I'm not gorgeous but, thank you.

• You're welcome and you are! That's final; no take backs on your beauty.

• I haven't been rejected yet.
    I have been rude (harsh words) when the guy is just relentless and won't leave me alone.

• Yeah... this guy went with me for a week, then he dumped me... he only said he went with me because he felt sorry...

• At a bar this dude was just like "I prefer blonds, keep movin'" he actually laughed at me but his friend told me later it was a bet he had to say to someone.. Oh well, shit happens.

• I started laughing, it caught me completely off guard (I thought he was gay).

• Really none of the above. I slipped a guy a note in 7th grade asking for his number and I never got a response. Was pretty embarrassing. A lot of people in the school found out and humiliated me over it.

• Showing up at a place only to have the guy forget we're meeting and offer a rain check, but doesn't follow through after. So more like indirect rejection.

• getting told no in front of everyone.

• He told me that my boobs are too small and no one will ever date a girl without boobs. He said it at school in front of my classmates.

• I would have slapped him tbh.

• I find it easy tbh. There's nothing for the bikini to hold up so I just need to find a cute one that covers.

• That's a good point