Just start dating a black guy, and my dad is racist. Should I tell my boyfriend about this?

I am dating a black guy, and my dad is racist. Should I tell my boyfriend about this?
we have been dating for 1 month and became official last week (he asked for it). Right now everything feels perfect and the thought of losing him really really hurts. Though my dad is racist, his attitude doesn't influence how i feel about my boyfriend. i like him for who he is.
Would guys wanna know about something like this in advance? would knowing such fact make a guy feel that he can't be with the girl?
Just a note: i am not planning revealing to my dad anytime soon. Plus, i live in a different city than from my dad so the two probably will never meet each other!

i asked this yesterday, but i forgot to include important details; so here i am posting the Q again!!!
big thank you to those who commented yesterday, really appreciate that!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it is important that you tell him, yeah. Because he knows best how to keep himself safe from people like that and what his boundaries are with regards to people like that - you don't want to put him in danger, physical or mental, by letting him think he's safe around your family when he isn't, you know?

What Guys Said 6

• Yeah I think you should tell your boyfriend.

• Yes! You don't want a racist to walk in in his daughter and a black person unexpectedly! He would hurt your boyfriend... :/

• i'd tell him. i mean he's going to find out eventually... so you should prepare him early

• You should walk up to your dad and tell him. Dad, it's 2015, you need to get over it. Then let your boyfriend know.

• Ypur dad just understands the world a little better than you. It isn't ablout skin color as much as values and culture. Black guys don't marry much, they make single moms. Single moms are poor, on average $24k a year vs married at $81k. When a white female marries a black male, they have the highest divorce rate of all race combinations. The white female files for divorce on average after 7 years and 2 kids with the complaint that he is "selfish" meaning that he spends his money on him and not the family. Good luck with it, you will need it. Here is one of many article on black babies born to single moms, 73% of them are.

www.politifact.com/.../

• People can downvote, but it really doesn't change what is happening.

• Yeah, it's probably best if he's aware of that. He's dealt with racism before, I'm sure, so it shouldn't be a deal-breaker for him.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes. He should probably be made aware of this.

• you should tell him.