When to ask for a date/number on a dating website?

So i just started using a dating website for a little while now, ill start some small talk and it usually doesn't lead anywhere, to be honest im not sure when i should ask for a number or a date, is there a magic number of messages? what about the topic, does it even matter? i usually base it on something on their profile like a tv show or something, i could go into things like work/school, but I've always thought they take away from things to talk about on a date, what do u think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know what site you are using but I actually met my current boyfriend on Tinder (weird I know). While I was on the site like 80% of guys asked me out after a few get to know you questions. With my boyfriend we ended swapping numbers rather quickly. But it wasn't for a couple of weeks before I finally agreed to go out with him. Just know that you are going to get turned down a lot and you are going to get stood up a lot (take this from a girl who has done both of those numerous times). If you really think you found someone good don't give up (unless she really is serious about not wanting to talk to you, there is a difference between persistent and creepy). My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 months all thanks to his not giving up after being denied. Also pick up lines suck. I find them amusing but would never take a guy serious who uses them. Be bold and just straight up ask a girl out after you feel like you want to know more about her.

What Girls Said 3

• Just do it in the middle of the conversation when it is going well and it feels like you are connecting with her.

• Girls normally like talking to guys for quite a while before giving a number or agreeing to meet in person. The reason most likely being for safety. We can make an easy getaway if things get ugly and not have to risk a guy blowing up our phone (some guys get very angry and even aggressive when rejected).

Remember: A girl's worst fear in online dating is meeting a serial killer/rapist. A guy's worst fear in online dating is meeting a fat girl.

• send a message.

What Guys Said 3

• Whenever you feel comfortable talking to her like in real life in a bar you don't go I have been talking to her now for 41 minutes, must ask for number now.

• not immediately though!! u need to know each other a little bit :)

• It's all based on feeling, not science. Once u fee she is comfortable with you, make your move. :)