Should I run away with my bf?

ok so im 14 and my boyfriend is 20 (plz dont say anything about our ages, he's "too old" for me, i get it) and he lives on the other side of the country, and neither of us has the money to go see eachother. and i really need to see him and i hate long distance relationships. so, I've been thinking about running away to be with him, and I've started thinking about how im going to do it. i think we have talked about it a few times, but were not sure yet if im gonna do it. but i know that if i do decide to run away to him, he will take care of me. so, what do u think? should i run away with the love of my life or keep it long distance?

• run away with him
  • dont do it

Most Helpful Guy

• Running away takes a lot of money! Not just the plane or bus ticket. I ran away at ur age it wasn't good. And he is 20 and doesn't have money, prob not a good sign. No car his own place who buys u food everyday? And clothes, dentist, where do u live? At his moms, i am sure she isn't down with it. Even if he says she is prob. Not! Apt are a lot of money. why dont u try a dry run before u go across the country. See if u can do it right in your hometown. Go rent a room for a month buy groceries cook clean and see how u like it. Then get back to me

• Thankyou for mho please think before u do it. Love doesn't buy much. I ran away at ur age and went to fla. My thinking it warm there i can live on the beach. I had no money nowhere to take shower, my bag of clothes got stolen i was hungry, had to go to soup kitchen to eat and there are people out there to take advantage of u. after a couple wks the lady at soup kitchen pulled me into a office and i broke down crying, really think before u act. Have a great nite

• thankss :)

• did you go back home?

What Guys Said 11

• If you love him and he gets caught he goes to prison and will hate you forever.

• whoa wait... is it legal to b with an 20 yo guy? that's wot it matters :)

• It will be the biggest mistake of your life if you do it.

• Running away young lady is lot to do i know you love the guy
    but wait and try to do things the legal way and have a older person
    take you to see him or maybe he can have someone bring him to see you.
    running away it can be high risk and can lead to something serious plus
    him being 20 years old got be careful not saying it's not nice.

• bad idea.
    if you run away to be with a 20 year old when you're 14, you will definitely regret it later in life.
    not to mention you're parents will worry like crazy, blissfully unaware of the pedophile violating their child.

• he's not a pedo he loves me

• Thats not funny. we are going to get married when im 18 and he said he wants me to have his babies. he's not a pedophile. i love him.

• You must be a troll...

• Keep it long distance. How is he supposed to "take care of u" if he doesn't have any money?

#ThinkAboutIt

• This has to be one of the worst ideas I've heard in a long time.. Please don't do this. Why a 20 year old would think this would be a good idea to rip a woman he likes away from his family especially one at your age is beyond my understanding.

• Should a child run away with a pedophile?
    no

• The problem is you are still a child and he is a grown man that may have a past you never know if you was my daughter I would move heaven and Hell to find you and that person you would be with would be 25 feet under the ground be a child go to school get a job and maybe you. Go to collage and maybe one day you will find someone that fits you're life

• U might really regret it if u ran with him

• You're only 14!!! You still have high school and college in front of you. I would never consider that even if my girlfriend was like Megan Fox or some Victoria secret model lol

What Girls Said 5

• Don't do it.

• Aside from the fact that your boyfriend would be committing a felony and likely a sex crime that would ruin HIS life, it's a bad idea. Do you know how your friends and family would feel? It would be a huge mistake.

• Not a good idea. He can get charged with statutory rape and you can be charged as a runaway. Just keep it long distance and if you stay with him until you are old enough to see him then you can. That is very unlikely though. I wanted to be with an older guy at that age too and I've now been through a lot more dates and boyfriends.

• You are a young naive girl. You think he's the love of your life but he's just a creep for liking a 14 year old. I'm sorry but he's too old for you. You are too young & runing away takes a lot of money. If you can't afford to go see him then you can't afford to run away with him.

• If he doesn't have the money to go see you then I highly doubt he has the money to support you