Is online dating safe?

What do you guys think? Is it safe? Is it worth it? Do you think that's okay if an 18 girl hangouts with a stranger who is a 24 years old guy and both of them met on an online dating app?

He asked me to hangout with him but I don't know what to do.. What if he wants to have sex after and I don't want that to happen :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Your better to meet someone with a friend in public also do know
    on these sites there is high risk and that should be taken into consideration.

What Guys Said 4

• I think it's not the safest way of dating and would only be recommended in cases of ultimate desperation. I think you're too young to be too desperate...

• Online dating is as safe as any other kind of dating. DON"T MEET STRANGERS IN PRIVATE PLACES. If this guy wants to "hang out" go hang out with him in a bar or park or some place where there are other people.

• it is, but u must know the other guy well before heading for sth serious then :)

• As safe as real life dating.

What Girls Said 3

• It's not the safest way to date to be honest.

• Well it definitely isn't my first choice...

• Depends, I suggest meeting in public places until you really get to know them.