How important is someone's name to you?

Referring to a person you might be interested in. How important is their name? If they had a silly name, would you still date them?

Example: Fagot, Real

• Matters
  • Doesn't matter
A lot of people are saying it matters. Names can be replaced with nicknames, they can also be changed legally. What if you missed out on a great person over a name.

Not being bias in this question, just elaborate if think it matters

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 10

• I hated my ex's name, like to the point that I just never said it around him because it sounded funny to me and I was so afraid I'd mispronounce it. It didn't have any effect on the way I felt for him though :)

• It matters to me. I mean, it's not the most important thing, but there are certain names that I can't stand.

• If they just had some silly or weird name, I'd just come up with a nickname, I do that for my friends anyway... but if they had the same name as a relative, I wouldn't date them, too weird

• I'm really really really shallow when it comes to names. I'm trying to get over it but there are just certain guy's names that I'm just like ughhh noooo. I don't think it would ever keep me from dating someone that was a great person though.

• I'd still date them

• I don't want to be screaming "Onion! Oh, Onion!" or something absurd during intercourse.

• It wouldn't matter. I'd call them a nickname.

• it matters

• I clicked matters by mistake. I'd be a bit uncomfortable if I couldn't say his name correctly, but only because I'd feel like I was insulting him.

• It matters a lot...

What Guys Said 9

• I associate names with cultures, or with people I've known, or with someone's family background. NAmes reveal so much.

And it's endlessly fun probing into these issues with the opposite sex.. you never run out of things to talk about

• A person's name is what helps to define them, their heritage, their ethnicity it's part of who they are, so yeah it's important.

• i prefer common names... but if she had a weird name... err i'd try find a nickname for her :-p

• If we don't like the name we can always give the person we like a nice nickname...

• I'm neutral with names as long as they don't have weird meanings.

• huh? Is she cute? do i like her personality?

her name is immaterial.

• as important as where they got their cloths from.

• Names are super imporatnt.

• my fiancees name is emily and i love it because i love that name buf i didn't fall in love with her name i fell in love with her