Opinion on this article?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/07/fashion/07campus.html?_r=0

What are your thoughts on this article.
Is there any truth to it.
First hand expirience?

Most Helpful Girl

• The article is playing with the older generation's views and expectations weighing down everyone. These girls are are driven, smart, and successful but they're most worried about their dating status? LMFAO WTF?

And then there's the constant thread bemoaning hookups over relationships and the same type of guys whinging that they can't "get anyone" but the article says everyone is desperate? I'm confused now, article!

The only useful information I picked up from this is that women are more driven to seek higher education than men. Not exactly a surprise considering the good ol' boys club The New York Times has morphed into recently.

What Girls Said 1

• I believe the article severely overestimates how much women value male company

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah as a male who's going to a college with 65% females, I think it'll be quite awesome. I love spending time with girls so hopefully I'll get lots of female friends.

• just noticed da gals in da pic... disappointed... :-p

• Unsympathetic. We've spent so much on getting women involved in society (as was right to do), but we neglected (often actively and sometimes with malice) to address the needs of men growing up too. An imbalanced outcome is predictable.