Can 2 bipolar people date each other?

So I have bipolar 1 and I am almost 100% that my crush has bipolar as well because his moodiness is not like the average person's mood swings/moodiness. But I am medicated and he is not medicated. I refused medication for 7 years until I had a psychotic break and I did not want to live anymore. I told my doctor who did not think my mood problem was anything worse than seasonal affective disorder but it was way more severe than seasonal affective disorder. So anyways I met this guy who had a lot of similarities and tons in common with me.

Also felt like he couldn't connect or relate to others I have the exact same issues. But I still don't fully misunderstand him he is very complex. But anyways he smokes pot and has a past with harder drugs like meth. But he quit altogether according to him. I am in the process of moving out of my mother's house and so is he.

I am considering it as we get to know each other a bit more. We knew each other since Oct 2012. And yes we get along really well despite being extremely moody. I added this question to guys I want to hear from girls now. Have you dated someone who was manic depressive if you are yourself or even if you are not. Did it work out?

*Asked* Oh it should be he told me a very interesting relationship especially him and I living together lol. We are both introverts too, but I am more outgoing. He is pretty laidback, I don't want to get on his bad side. He is really easy going but needs looks of space. I am the same but I can be very needy at times.
*lots

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I have the minor form of Bipolar wich is percieved by the medical community (im also pre-medical in slovenia) as borderline personality dissorder and I dated girls with both bipolar dissorder and BPD. dating the girl with bipolar was not bad! I liked her a lot! Deffo possible. Id say it would work perfectly

please answer my question: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1478569-bad-self-esteem-rate-me-guess-ethnicity

• Okay thank you. We both have great chemistry. Were either of you medicated? I had to get medicated.

What Guys Said 4

• ... this would make one hell of an interesting, and very sick, psychological experiment.

Give me the details of how it turns out later.

• difficult... chances r they'll break-up soon... :/

• I think that would make a terrific sitcom :)

• Well you gotta realize that this relationship will be like a hurican

What Girls Said 1

• Well since I suffer from rapid cycling Bipolar disorder and I am almost certain that my ex partner has some sort of bipolar disorder, I can tell you out of experience especially if he isn't medicated, that it will not work. I have recently been diagnosed with this disorder and have been taking my medication and already I see such a huge difference. With him, since he refuses to go seek professional help, I believe that he tries to self medicate by drinking, a lot. In addition, he doesn't believe in mental illness' and believes that people use it as an excuse to get it easier in life. With that being said, he has his lows and highs just as much as I do and think he may also deal with rapid cycling just as I do. You can't help someone who doesn't want the help and self medicating is the worst thing to do. Many people with bipolar disorder either overdose or commit suicide with out the right help.