Jealous or just wary?

I was with my new guy today and we were just hanging out. His phone beeped because he had a message and he made no move to hide what it said and I was sitting right next to him. It was from a girl saying"can you send me pictures of..." and I looked at him and said "pictures of what?". He opened the message and the rest was "pictures of notes from class. I'm not going to be there tomorrow".
I mean it was completely innocent and I jumped to the worst conclusion.
A bit later he said "were you jealous?" And I answered "not jealous but imagine if you saw me getting a message saying hey can you send me pics of. ...
and he said he saw my point.

How do I stop jumping to the worst conclusion?

Most Helpful Guy

• Think of it this way. You cannot have a positive life with a negative mind. It simply will not happen. You will self-sabotage your whole life if you can't get this one major life-lesson behind you. There's a good reason so many so-called self-help/success "gurus" are always saying "think positively", because it works. To your question, how do you get there? It is simply a conscious choice in each and every moment of your life and day. You must choose to think this way, as well as to be happy in the moment. Choosing otherwise will only manifest negative things happening.

What Guys Said 5

• no u weren't... but this gal had no dignity in my opinion :)

• To be honest that was not a big deal. I think I would of assumed the same thing lmao! ☺️

• Actually I thought about "your dick" as well hahahahahaha

• You can't help what opinion you first jump to but you can help how you react. If something like that happens again remember he's with you out of choice and think about that before you say anything accusingly.

• Funny. It's fine, I guess you have a point. I guess you really like him right, maybe a tad jealous.

But just relax and trust. It'll happen over time.

Can you help me with mine pls? www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1496450-why-does-jealous-attention-seeker-female-friend-not-want-me-to-meet

What Girls Said 2

• That's totally understandable especially because he's a new relationship for you. I think over time you'll either learn to trust him or he'll give you reasons not to trust him and you'll break up. But he seems like a faithful guy from that brief description so I wouldn't worry.

• umm.. u r a girl.. soo u cannot stop yourself.. :) but when u have been with someone for long time... then u dont care about these things.. cuz u trust eachother..