How long until you make it official?

How many dates or how long of seeing someone do you make a relationship official? Or do you even bother with labels and just assume that if you've been seeing each other for a certain period of time that they are your boyfriend/girlfriend? Also, who should bring up the topic of exclusivity? Man or woman?

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't matter who brings up the topic, man or woman. I would wait until the third date or until you think sex would be on the table, its ok to ask if the other person is seeing anyone else earlier, but leave it at that. As for being exclusive, I personally always at least bring it up, even if no "labels" are involved the matter of exclusivity is a deal breaker for me.

I used to just assume that after a while you were just official, like after you started introducing yourselves as bf/gf, but one of my exes cheated on me, and gave the lame excuse "We never said we were exclusive." (isn't that what bf/gf are?)

Anyway ever since then I have always made it official either with a label or at least with exclusivity.

What Guys Said 4

• We never "made it official". We were unofficially so often and so close together that our friends and relatives just knew it.

• Don't get hung up on titles too much... I've come to the point where I just enjoy spending time with people if the time will come at its own time so just enjoy it until the conversation comes up

• obviously at least 3-4 dates :)

• You make it on day when first talk, there no rule to it

What Girls Said 1

• It usually takes a while for me