Am I overreacting or is this a red flag?

Really (seemingly) nice guy got my number 4 months ago and asked me out for coffee. The date never happened because our schedule were too conflicting since we are both fulltime college students who work. I also was newly single and didn't want a rebound thing. Last week of classes he texts me "I know this is 4 months late but would u like to get coffee" I agree for Sunday at 3. Sunday and it's 1 he texts me that he's golfing but should be on time. 340 he texts me that he just got done and would be ready soon. 450 he texts me he's on his way. I was beyond annoyed but I went on the date, had a great time. He appologized multiple times for being late and for taking 4 months to make it happen. He texted me when I got home saying he couldnt wait for Thursday to come (date number 2). Well it's Wednesday and he texts me to let me know he can't take me to dinner tomorrow because he has softball. *EYE TWITCH* I don't even want to text him back. My last relationship was superficial on my ex's end and I don't want to be taken for granted again so any red flag and I'm ready to run. Not sure if I'm right to run or if I'm overthinking it.

Most Helpful Guy

• He is not a dependable man, he is late too much, he needs to be more
    prompt and i think it's red flags i think i would be giving him his walking papers
    the guy doesn't have no time for dating, relationships, he is slacker for sure
    and to contact a girl 4 months later to go out on date and he's still lacking in
    being prompt and on time this shows you the guy lacks dating skills i think
    you need to do a double take on keeping in contact with him this guy doesn't
    seem to be interested or he got too many irons in the fire and can't make time
    for a social life of any sort.

What Guys Said 5

• You are not over reacting or over thinking, if he is constantly late it is definitley not helping him

• coz of softball?

no u are not overreacting 8)

• At least he didn't stand you up and let you know in advance this time around!

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt on this one, but a few more of these and cut him loose...

• Take it easy... You had a great time last time... Just tell him your not the kind of girl who does the late thing. So just take it for what it is and don't expect too much too soon... That a recipe for disaster. Best of luck hope it works out;-)

• His behavior is creating a dynamic between the two of you, where he's the one postponing things according to his hobbies, and you're the one being constantly on hold, adjusting your life and schedule to fit his interests. If you let it happen, it might always be like that and that will make you bitter and annoyed, and understandably so. I'm not suggesting you cause drama over it, but I think you definitely shouldn't be too available. He needs to clearly see that you have a life of your own and you won't put up with him postponing dates because he feels like playing sports.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think you're overreacting. He seems very unreliable and that is a red flag if you value reliability in a partner. He should have known before he made your second date that he had a softball game. So clearly you aren't very high on his list of priorities. I'm not saying he should put you first before everything else in his life but if he really wanted to get to know you more then he would actually make it happen. He doesn't seem to be dependable at all.

• He did eventually show up so might just be a can't stick to time person, if you can put up with that ok

• its a red flag.