Contacting a girl again after she hasn't read my facebook message... desperate or not?

This girl is my mom's best friend's daughter. Before seeing her a few months ago when I took my mom over there, I hadn't seen her in over a decade. So my mom suggests I ask her out and that she might be interested in hanging out

Obviously I hadn't had a chance to get her number, and I didn't want to get it from my mom and be like "Hey I didn't have your number so I asked my mom". So I facebook messaged her saying "Hey (Name)! Didn't have your number so I thought I'd just text you on here. I was just seeing if you wanted to go out to (Local bar) Saturday or something?"

That was two weeks ago exactly. It took a while for the fbook message to show as "delivered". She hasn't "Read" it yet.

Normally, if it showed "read" and she didn't respond... okay I'll take the hint. But no idea why she hasn't read it? My mom said she never goes on facebook so that could be why. I'm a more negative thinker... I think she saw it was from me and didn't want to read it.

So my mom texts me her number. I think it'd look desperate if I texted her out of the blue? Then if she read the facebook message it would make me look weird because I'm trying so hard to contact her. Should I forget it? It's been 2 weeks though

Most Helpful Guy

• Since she hasn't read the FB message... i say it doesn't hurt to text her phone. Not everyone logs into Facebook all the time!

• Just by getting the phone number from my mom would be kind of weird I thought :/

• I texted her and she seemed really receptive to it!! She can't this weekend because of work but she suggested next Thursday at this restaurant/bar!. She didn't even ask about how I got her number. Hope she's into me :)

• Wish you the best, bro!

What Girls Said 2

• Are you FB friends?

• Well that's what I figured. When she does she it she might feel bad. But in the mean time I didn't really care TOO much to call her up. Like if she responds she responds

• Sounds like a good attitude to have :)

• sounds desperate.

What Guys Said 2

• not desperate... u could ask her y she doesn't read em... if this happened again before ;)

• Check messenger to see if the message was "seen"
    If it was, don't message her...
    If not,
    Message her.