Crazy in love, but ashamed being seen with him?

There is this guy I've known for more than ten years now. I've always secretely had a thing for him, but I've always denied the feeling. At one point, I started developing feelings for him, and even experienced butterflies in my stomach. I haven't felt this in a loooong time. The thing is, I feel ashamed for liking him, bc looks wise, he's not what I would usually go for. He's not the ideal son-in-law either. People i know litterally tell me I deserve better, which I think is BS. I've dated handsome men before, but not one of them made me feel good about myself. And they were not that fun to be around tbh, merely a pleasure to look at. This guy is different, bc he makes me feel like im the luckiest woman in the world when im with him. But like I said: i feel really ashamed of dating him, and found myself wanting to hide it as much as possible. Usually we hang out at my place (where we do make out) instead of going out. And when we're out, i make sure it looks like he's just a friend. I never thought i would let social pressure get to me, and i feel so bad about it, and for him, he deserves better than that. i dont know what to do. Anyone experienced the same situation? How did you handle it?

Most Helpful Girl

• then it's not really love.

• Id like to think it is.. but i guess its not, bc i dont have the guts to show it.

What Guys Said 2

• You're not in love first of all, and second of all why do you care what people think? If the guy makes you happy then fuck what everyone else thinks. He's not that handsome, you deserve better.. etc etc. People who say that are retarded and value characteristics about a person that were chosen randomly like a dice roll when his DNA was being created.

• it happens... some people are afraid bout others opinions about who u date... ;)

What Girls Said 2

• then let him go... he deserves better.

• No. I have not. I don't give a fuk about what other people think of my potential partners and I'll be damned if I'll feel "any type of way" just because other people do. I make up my own mind. -'Grown ass woman-

• Its mostly my family, not so much other people. they think i dederve better,, and usually i value their opinion. I just wish i didn't in this one.

• I see... but I DO NOT relate. I love my family more than anyone else on this planet (even when they piss me off) but at the end of the day, I make my own decisions.. So, if my family doesn't approve of someone I love. .. well they can just suk a duk : [