She said yes to date but now saying her mom is being reluctant (please help) ?

Alright, there's this girl I've known since March and she's kinda shy but yesterday (Tuesday) I asked her if she wanted to go to Starbucks with me on Saturday. She said yes without hesitating, and she gave me her phone number (I originally had her kik). So I texted her that night and asked if she told her parents about our plans. She texted me later saying she did, but her mom was being reluctant about letting her out as they never met me. I offered to come to her house to pick her up so I could meet her parents, and that's what I talked to her about today. When I went up to her at lunch, I asked if I could speak to her after her homework, and she said she'd actually prefer to talk right then. So I asked her about what her mom said, and she said that they don't know me and stuff, so again I brought up the offer to meet them, but she didn't give me a clear response about that plan. What even bothered me more was that she wasn't making any eye contact and she was playing with her necklace for most of the time.

Now I'm paranoid that she's lying and actually doesn't want to go. I don't know what to do, or what she's doing. She did say she'd have an answer by today or tomorrow, so I think i might ask her about that tomorrow. But someone please help. I really like her.

Most Helpful Guy

• She is either scared of going on a date with you from her shyness. Or she's afraid of dealing with her parents.

Either way you need to give her space. That will make her like you more. Just tell her "hey i know how parents are and if its too much we can try again another time. Or if your not interested in me then that cool to i understand".

Point is what you say needs to be gentile and understanding. Not aggressive. Either way she's scared of her parents or scared of telling you know. If your understanding and nice about it she will like you more

What Girls Said 2

• she might be lying...

• you should believe her.

What Guys Said 1

• If she doesn't stand up for herself, she's not ready for a relationship. Been there. Not pretty. Hope your situation works out fine :)