Would you date a happy guy with a solid job but no ambition?

Average income, very happy guy and fun to be around. Has some hobbies like every other human also. Can you handle the fact that he has no ambition to be anything greater?

• I'm ok with it.
  • No way would I give him a chance.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I wouldn't date a guy at all... lol. However, with this being said, I'll answer your question from a straight male's perspective.

I would say if someone has a job, they're more than likely ambitious already. Ambition just means having a goal or desire to be successful. You had ambition: You got a job, and you have hobbies. To some, this may not be "successful", but to others (like you), this is perfectly fine.

I'm about to be a teacher, which is just a middle-class income and I'm extremely ambitious. I'm going for my Master's, which won't make my wage that outstanding and I just finished six years of college, on top of a job. Too many people confuse income with ambition.

Unfortunately, regardless of what the girls here on GAG say, most young women will not date a guy who lacks "ambition." I do think women get better about this when they hit their 30's/40's, but young adult women are too greedy. They use the word "ambition" as an excuse to be a gold-digger. They could care less about ambition; they just want money. Hugh Hefner and many other elderly wealthy men had no ambition at all but they were lucky enough to be wealthy, because of privilege. However, this doesn't stop young women from FLOCKING to these guys.

This is probably the most realistic and straightforward answer you'll read. You're welcome.

What Girls Said 5

• No. Ambition is important.

• As long as he was making enough to live comfortably and support himself it'd be fine with me. If his lack of ambition sticks him in a rut where he is at a wage that makes him unable to feed himself and take care of himself and he's always asking to borrow money, then no.

• I would like him to have an ambition, but if he doesn't have, I'm okay with it.
    Nevertheless a guy like this would be a good boyfriend for me.

• My Dad is like that. He does his best in work, but he's not constantly looking for a better job or more money. He's happy with the job he has and he's a great guy. And my Mom loves him so... :)

• he sounds like the laidback kind of person i can see myself with. as long as he has other interests and hobbies, rather than lack of ambition due to laziness then i think i'd be fine with it. of course, assuming we are compatible

What Guys Said 5

• I don't think you can't be a normal guy in a normal life and not have ambition. I have never aspired for much, I just want to be a high school teacher, do a good job, do okay and have a good family. But that doesn't mean I can't be ambitious in my work or family, in fact I always strive to do the best in what I do, I just don't aim to be a lawyer or doctor lol you have described a life I would not mind at all

• i'd date da female version of him :-p

• I don't think I would date a girl without ambition.

• I was always driven but many of my friends weren't and that was okay.

• Ambition is just code for money.
    Trust me, you want to stay away from those chicks.
    If making a decent living isn't enough... you know you're dealing with a golddigger.