How do I know if she's having a good time when we are hanging out?

When I chill with this girl she laughs at what I say and smiles but I don't know if I'm boring because sometimes there's just silence and I stare into space if we are eating food or soemthing then she or I would have to start talking about a new topic again, I noticed that she's ussually the one bringing up different topics. When you chill with a girl/ someone do you always have to be talking and laughing or is it okay to have silence sometimes, even awkward silence.

Most Helpful Girl

• Awkward silence is awkward, but trying to follow it up with something else may be even more awkward, sometimes the silence will be good, you're both just quiet and you can use that time to look at her, see what she's wearing, if she's looking at something specific, and then try to start up a new conversation. Always talking is tiring too.

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe she has trouble holding a conversation. If she doesn't know what to say next there will be an awkward silence while she thinks of a topic. I do this all the time and I'm not necessarily bored, I just don't the the person well enough to think of what to say. Maybe this is the case with her?

• Silence is okay sometimes.

• When you chill with guys there's silence and it's okay?

• If she is on her phone a lot she's probably bored.

• No she's not I'm the one usually on my phone a lot when we are sitting in one place because I get shy for some reason when we are eating or something and sitting down at a table

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah that tends to happen, unless one of the people is super talkative around anyone. Like, the kind that never shuts up.

I have the same problem sometimes. But think about it... are you talking 100% of the time when you're with your friends, your best friend, or your family? Silence for a bit is okay. Don't force conversation.

Hell, I'd love to just sit on the porch with my crush while we're both reading books for a few hours. Then again, I think I might be a hopeless romantic...

• if she never mentuons "shall we leave?" ;)