If a guy is decent looking and a genuinely nice guy what makes him undateable?

I've always been the guy friend. Girls never seem interested in dating me. Am I just too nice for my own good. I like doing things for people to make them happy. Even when I know I have no chance of dating them. I won't go out of my way but I like doing things. I'm quiet but not shy. Also I'm confident in the things I do just not in actively pursuing someone. I'd rather get to know them slowly then ask for a date. But they always end up seeing me as only a friend. Will slowly hanging out and getting to know someone never work. Maybe girls just aren't looking for a guy like me at this point. I know I'd make a great boyfriend husband and father someday. Maybe I seem to boring at first glance. What makes a nice, sweet, and decent looking guy undateable? Also I only say I'm nice and sweet because that's what girls always say about me. I'm always told I could get a girlfriend if I wanted but they are never interested.

Most Helpful Guy

• I was in the same boat some years ago. Most women will throw you into the friend zone if you don't ask them out within two weeks of meeting them no matter how nice and sweet you are to them. A lot of times they will assume your gay or you have self confidence issues. Your obviously not gay but it sounds like you're waiting too long and that's why you have a friend whose a girl instead of a girlfriend. Bite the bullet. Throw caution to the wind and let her know you're interested. Don't wait. Women like to be pursued by confident guys. Once I learned to play the game everything changed and it was awesome... Just my opinion based on experience bro... Good luck.

• This idea of a game is stupid. At my age I guess it's either play or girls don't give you a chance. I don't want to play games. I want a mature relationship with someone who understands that I want to see if they are worth pursuing. I guess I'll have to wait until I'm at a age For marriage. I'm not looking for a girl I have to play games with but maybe I'm wrong in my mindset I don't know.

What Girls Said 3

• They just aren't into your looks probably. If a girl likes you, it doesn't matter how friendly you are, if she likes you physically, it won't matter

• Nothing really.

• I think the whole girls go after bad boys thing is a myth, I've never met anyone who would actually choose a druggie or partier over a nice guy. I believe girls do like someone confident though, so maybe just try to be more outgoing? Or maybe they believe you don't like them?

• Not bad boys but guys who appear more fun. I enjoy things considered fun maybe I don't look like it though.

What Guys Said 2

• guess then some gals want above average looks... and they throw "nice guy" thing on da trash ;)

• They always say a gentleman and a good decent guy. I hear about girls ideal guy and they usually describe me. Am just arrogant what's going on?

• maybe he's weird