Why is it I always get catfished?

Title says it all basically.

I've met two great people online so far. They were exactly who I was looking for...
However, when I dug deeper (searching them - online :/ ) I discovered they are dudes... actually... more specifically both were trannies =.=

WHY?

Oh, and I have been talking to them for 8+ months. So it's not like I could just get over it you know?
Yea, I guess it could be worse.

Well, 100% isn't bad - I'll be optimistic :D

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you bad luck Brian? LOL

Anyway, so that's why ask for a live pic or a picture with her name or something.

• I will do that from now on... However, we had a "gang sign" and in a picture of hers that she sent me she was doing the sign. So I didn't question it. Turns out he had her (they are friends in real life) take a picture of her doing the sign and he sent it to me posing as her.

• Oh I see.. That guy is pretty pro at catfishing.

What Girls Said 7

• Woaaah :O I'm not still not sure what "catfish" is but that's horrible! So scary *shudders*

Lol my one friend dated his online girlfriend for months, when the girl finally confessed that he was a dude who used a pic he found on google, and everytime they'd talk on the phone he'd use his voice-changer.

Sucks because he kept telling me and my sister that he was in love with her.. now he's just so embarassed and my sis said the experience traumatized him :))

• I told my mom I liked this girl o. o I refuse to tell her though. we actually planned on meeting up.

• Yea he did, we are actually friends now :D

• haha that's cool :) good for you that you forgave him :)

• Because you're gullible that's why... if someone won't video chat or take a picture with today's date believe the picture they sent you is fake.

• But I'm a girl and I don't Skype or send people selfies :P

• Good idea. I suppose I just felt a lot of trust between us. We sent selfies to each other and such. And I was introduced to them through a friend, which I trusted.

Seems like I trust people too easily. I think that is a good quality, but it's unfortunate people take advantage of my trust.

• they do :/

• BUT THOSE WERE JUST TWO PEOPLE. ASK THIS WHEN IT HAS HAPPEN at least 10 TIMES.

• Wait, did they have fake pictures, or did you mean you were catfished in the sense that they didn't tell you they were transgender?

• Erm, well fake? Not so much. More like stole pictures from their ex to make me hate them too so I will want revenge. It's messed up.

• Oh, right. Probably just coincidence then. Sorry this happened to you.

• How about you start meeting people offline?

• We planned too. I don't know what I would have done if I actually did though.

• bad luck it's also online though a lot easier.

• Bad luck, dude.

What Guys Said 3

• 2 u said!!! ONLY 2!

just coincidence... good luck next time :)

• yea it happens man. Just need to do your homework early on oeople

• oddly enough I did. I did right away. In fact, I found a profile and actually called her out. But my friend who is friends with her said something to convince me otherwise. Also we were using an app that verifies if the picture is legit, but they found a way around it.

• i dont know what that is but i think its because ur optimisteec