First date: good or bad?

I asked this girl out I really like last night(Thursday). She had class in an hour so I told her to just call me when she got out. She called me and we grabbed some good Mexican food. I had just come from work so I was in a suit and she said I looked nice. After we got our food she looked at me and told me my tie didn't match my shirt, and kinda smiled. "you should know better than that.".

We ate our food and talked for a good while; the conversation went pretty well. We sat and talked for an hour or more after we finished eating. I walked her to her car and she reached in for a hug. My schedules crazy so I didn't push for a second date right then. When she got home she text me: "hey thanks! I had fun."

So you think this went well? Think I have a shot at a second date?

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course! If she didn't text you then that would be another story. You both must of had a great conversation because the text shows that you were on her mind on the way home. Her letting you know afterwards that she enjoyed the first date leaves room to ask her out on a second one. I say go for it :)

What Girls Said 3

• yep the text says everything. I would never text a guy after a date if I wasn't interested - and when I do text them right after hanging out, it always means I like him.

i kind of disagree with the idea that you should ask her on a second date so soon though. definitely keep in touch, but in my opinion you should wait for at least another week or so before asking her on another date. the college girls like a little mystery and a good chase. good luck!

• Yes, but you need to ask for the second date this weekend. It doesn't mean you need to make it for this weekend but if you ask now for something next week, that will show you are interested and not playing games or just not that in to her.

• I think you have a shot, but you shouldnt wait too long to go for it. If you wait too long, she may start to feel as if you are not interested in her. The text was either her letting you know that she was thinking about you or to kind of remind you/urge you on to ask her out on another date. Go for it! :D

What Guys Said 3

• Yes I think you do but you should push for that second date best to let her know you are interested. Just set a date good for you knowing me I would have ask for a second date and when asking I would have been like I wanted to wait for my crazy schedule to clear but, I wanted to ask you would you like to go out sometime after I'm able to get some time out of my hectic ass schedule ( this meant to be in a little humors way then down to a more serious way ) But I would like to spend it with you. that's how I would have done it.

• Doubt it , for two reasons, you didn't ask for a second date when you dropped her off, therefore she is probably thinking well guess he doesn't want another date. Second reason you hugged her, big mistake you should have kissed her. If you kiss her your chances of getting a second date will skyrocket, but you didn't. She said thanks I had fun, notice how she didn't say we should do this again, or when are you free again.

• yessir.