Dating a really attractive guy is sort of hard?

Have anyone else been with a really attractive guy or girl? I am currently dating a guy who is a ten for sure with a great personality. Girls are literally trying to steal him especially when we go out dancing. I've been told that I'm a lucky girl to have him and that I will get competition. I don't feel insecure about myself at all but I think I'm starting to because there are so many other girls out there who wants him and I keep thinking why he wants to be with me. One of his girl-friends got jealous when we started cuddling and then I was told that she is jealous which explains her behaviour towards me. Seriously some girls try to flirt him in front of me, I don't know how to handle all this. He's not my boyfriend so I have no right to tell them to back off I know that. I want to stop feeling like I'm starting to become insecure because of this, any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have dated an athlete and she was really gorgeous, everything in a woman I want look wise. It was pretty stressful because guys hit on her all the time and she was surrounded by guys, all athletes. I'm not athletic to say the least. I was like "I'm with a hot chick and it's cool, but enough of the damn friendly flirting already!"
    The main problem was our completely different personalities, her life revolved around sports and mine around IT. It was good while it lasted though, and the sex was amazing, best I ever had. Looks alone can make it really good.

What Guys Said 8

• better come to a realization that he is with you and chose you for a reason. you're going to be your greatest downfall if you don't get over that shit.

• if he has lots of female friends.. then yeah it'd b hard coz of jealousy :)

• Yeah, I ado agree it is really hard to date someone who is WAY above us in terms of looks. My first ex was REALLY pretty, but she ended up cheating on me with a 60 year old man, who also happened to be her uncle.

• Wtf that messed up

• I know what you mean girls are crazy. But surely you must feel better about the kind of person you are after those experiences. I've had my fair share of bullying and teasing, and now Im confident as shit. I just dont care for what people say about me and if they do I challenge them. Try attracting similiar girls, not the crazy ones (even though they all are)

• @eddzeeman
      Your comment is spot on. But to be frank, I'm quite intimidated by women now, and always feel that I'm not good enough for women anyway. Trying hard to get rid of this thought. Hopefully i should succeed, sooner rather than later!

• Have more confidence! You are doing much better than the other girls already!!! They are jealous haha. Keeping going as you are, don't take their actions seriously. Just focus on him and yourself

• I only date really attractive girls to me. As in 7 + / 10. Lots of times girls I date get checked out by other guys at restaurants or working out. I'd go to the gym and see other guys try to approach her and I'd eventually walk up and say hey babe hows it going and hold her, hahaha the awkward moment with the guy is priceless. I'm never mean to guys about it, they don't know and I've been in their shoes before--flirting with girls they didn't know were taken.

• Kinda same situation. Though my date is about 8. We met online couple weekd ago and because of the nature of online dating, I already know there are 100s of dudes hitting on her. I worry that she might find someone better and leave me, but fortunately, that hasn't happen so far.
    I know exactly how you feel. All I can say is let's try not to have so many hopes up! :)

• This is the difference between men and women. Guys are generally respectful of other guys relationships. Women will try to take the man regardless. But fortunately it only happens if the guy is really attractive.

• i haven't but im attractive so maybe its true

What Girls Said 3

• I would try to push the thoughts out of your head. I dealt with the same thing in the beginning of my five year relationship with my now boyfriend. He's a definite 10 and a very good talker. Girls crumble at his feet. At first it was irrititing and made me insecure, thinking he was going to leave me for one of the various women drooling all over him. But he didn't. So now, when it happens, him and I can look at each other and laugh at some girls forwardness. Don't sweat it. If he didn't want you then he wouldn't be seeing you. Just try to remember that. I know its hard. Trust me, I've been there. But it will be worth it in the end.

• Great advice, that's exactly how I feel right now!

• I get it... But then just strive to be the best for of yourself that you can be. Why can't you both be really attractive?

I've never heard of people agressively flirting or trying to take over a guy/girl who was taken... Sounds messed UP!

• Have more confidence in yourself!