I've been bullied in the past, and now I dont seem to care what people think?

If you were to ask me what kind of guy I am, I would say: Funny, passionate, ambitious, reserved. When I was younger I had problems with my weight (over weight for most of my life). I was bullied constant by a lot of people, both family and friends). Because of this, I am now more confident in myself and dont care about what people think. I can easily go up to a girl, start up a convo and stuff but I am also a reserved guy. Not shy... Just reserved. Can I assume that all the years of bullying, made me into the person I am today? Coupled with an unusual life story and seperated parents?

Most Helpful Guy

• gr8 bro!!!

i feel u!!! seems like u are more opened up now, which is a good thing :)

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, you can. But not in as much as you claim. It didn't form your life, it just helped it for itself - in a way.

• I'm kind of similar to you. I'm not reserved but I generally just don't give a fuck about what anyone says.

• Bullying probably was a huge factor in it, but it could have gone another way. You could have become shy with low self esteem. How you dealt with it is not defined by the bullying itself.

• The past shouldn't matter. You are holding on to your past as if its a sentimental relic.

What Guys Said 5

• I would say it definitely contributed into molding the man you are today.

• I think life has knocked you down enough times to where you have evolved into something new. Your no longer that little boy who cares about the world and a sissy. You now have confidense and give no fucks which is both very good qualities to have. Congratulations, on not letting you past with being bullied affect you now.

• Probably. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

• It's not just you. A lot of people are the same way, including myself.

• Your experiences make you who you are, yes.