Guys, Reaching out after the first date?

Guys, what does it mean if you contact the girl within 24 hours of the first date saying you were glad to meet her and had a good time? Is it a good sign you're hoping for a second date? Or would you do this just out of politeness even if you weren't interested in seeing her again?

10

Most Helpful Guy

• Its a good sign for a second date, almost exactly as these other guys have been saying, but I wouldn't feel right unless I added in one tiny detail that is missing.

Here is how I react to differing quality dates:

Bad date: Don't text her, and avoid leading her on into thinking I'm interested.

Good date: Text her that night and try to give the impression I'd like to go again.

Mixed-Opinion Date: Text her that night and try to give the impression I'd like to go again. THEN, sleep on the matter and sort out whether any of the things that gave me a mixed opinion are deal-breakers, or whether she deserves a second date.

I bring up this third scenario, because if I'm not 100% sure how I feel about a girl when the night ends, I usually can't immediately determine whether its a good idea to give her a second date or not, but I'd rather leave the door open until I've had a chance to process what happened on the first date.

That being said, getting a text after a date should be seen as a VERY good sign you'll be asked on a second date.

What Guys Said 9

• its a good sign, and you can expect date numero dos soon.

• It would mean the guy in question is definitely interested in seeing you again. And that he might be falling for you. Hard. Cheers!

• it means kinda needy actually... so not-so-good 8)

• Of course it's a good sign. A guy who didn't want another date wouldn't contact you at all.

• Most twenty-something guys are not that polite. He' interested, sweetie.

• means he is interested in a second date!

• Only if he wants to see you again. Then you need to confirm that you too had a good time.

• He's probably interested. If I'm not interested in a woman, I don't waste time reaching out to her after the date.

• im not sure but if i did go on a date and liked a girl id deffy try to reach out