Okay to date a younger guy?

I'm 32 and recently met a guy online who is 28 and I'm not sure of the age difference at this point. I"ve dated two years younger than me but 4 seems like a lot. We haven't met in person yet - just text and phone call but I'm wondering should we even meet? What is an appropriate age limit or range for a woman to date a younger guy?

Thanks Everyone! He seems like a great guy so I think I will meet him and hopefully the age difference isn't too much... probably over thinking it

Most Helpful Guy

• 4 years is nothing at those ages. I'm 31 and going out with someone 4 years either way wouldn't bother me. Also my dad is 4 years older than my mum and they have been matted for 35 years this June.

What Guys Said 12

• that's only 4 years, go for it.

• At that age, age differences don't really matter. I mean, 14 and 16 are a huge difference, 26 and 36 (for example) are not.

• no age's just a # and 4 years r not even a difference :)

• who cares about ages, as long as it's not getting into the teen years. I just turned 27, my age range is probably anywhere in the 20s ! it's such an individualized thing.

• If you're cool with it 👍

• Four years is fine. My parents are 5.5 years apart and that was always seen as perfectly acceptable. by the way my mom is the older one

• my father was 23 and my mother was 30 when they met...

• You're fine... Four years is perfectly acceptable.

• Yes ot is ok... as long as you are not dating a 18 year old... Lol

• That age difference is meaningless. Live each day like it is your last.

• its a bit of a difference but not much

• This is acceptable.

What Girls Said 9

• Legal. Meaning you cannot get arrested is the appropriate age limit. You guys are grown. He's in his late 20's you are in early 30's. A four year difference that's a minimal issue. If you like him that should not matter. I'm 30 and fishing for a 18-21 year old. With no shame. Its nobody s business to judge your situation. You are grown. People will agree or disagree with your situation. But that's their business and problem. Not yours. 😋

• by the way my mother met my fatherat 19 and he was 29. They've been married for 38 years.10 year diff didn't stop them.

• It's totally fine!

• I think it's perfectly ok. Only if you don't mind it matters. It's your life, make and live by the rules you set.

• If you ask Demi Moore or Madonna.. there's no appropriate age limit.

• Lol that's fine

• My friend is 22 and he's dating a 36 year old woman, so yeah it's okay.

• 4 years really isn't a lot. when you're in school it is because people are sectioned by year groups

• age is a number :) its the love that counts

• I see nothing wrong with it!!