Guys, how do you feel about dating single mums?

I always feel having a young child scares potential boyfriends off. I'm 21

21

Most Helpful Guy

• i wouldn't mind, i love kids

What Guys Said 20

• I honestly would not date a single mom. Its too much a pain. Its hard to hang out with them because they need to find a sitter. I would however hookup with a single mom.

• not my thing...:/

• Yes it will scare off many guys.(not all).
    The issues are:
    limited time together, as you are taking care of the kid, not the guy.
    finding and funding babysitters
    the baby's father causing interference
    lack of energy and sexytime from exhaustion

• Tbh, I wouldn't date a single mom. I don't want a kid anytime soon so I'd never get into a serious relationship with a single mom. It's not fair to her for us to date when I have no intention of getting into a serious relationship with her.

• I love kids, but am far too young to have one or date someone who has one. Most of the other reasons other guys have mentioned. Hit me up when I'm 30.

• would not do... the point of dating is falling in love, being number one to each other.

single mom? at best you're number 2. and i don't want some daily reminder of her past lovers.

• Don't do it. The only guys interested in moms are players who will discard you after using you for sex. Most descent guys won't want to have to care after another mans kid.

• Nope, not for me.

• Dating single moms shouldn't be an issue for young guys if it is they are being very shallow.

• It seems to be an issue for them all I'm yet to find someone who's okay with it

• Hopefully one day you can meet someone who can see beyond surface issues and see the real you then fall for that girl.

• i'd say a woman having a kid is a major issue... this isn't 'oh i only dateblondes sry' shallow thing.

• I love kids and want some soon so id be thrilled actually

• I would rather cut my balls off that date a single mum, especially if already have a child at 21

• Not an issue. No worries!

• apprehensive about it, but not out of the question.

• i won't hesitate if i ind all qualities i seek in you.

• Those who get scared are hunting for potential virgins. Child birth makes a woman more attractive :P

• dosent bother me at all if anything thats what i seem to go for but i get nada back :(

• are you 21 years old? :O

so sexy and very young!!!

• It does scare off potential boyfriends, frankly. Especially the younger you are.

Sorry, but I wouldn't consider it.

• Two things I've witnessed in seeing peers both in my 20's and later:

- the presence of a child in your life means you just can't be the same sort of dating partner someone without could be. You can do casual hook up. You can get -serious- which likely means being involved in the child's life. It's hard to do in between.

- for any guy looking for more than hooking up, who doesn't have kids, its a major major thing. I have kids. I love them like crazy. If I was to split with my partner, I'd probably rather date someone WITH kids since we'd understand each other better. But I think single people... I can really see why they wouldn't jump into dating someone with kids. It's a big deal.

Put it together, you'll find guys looking for hookups won't care and will keep approaching you. Guys NOT looking for just a hookup, a bunch will be scared off. And those who aren't scared off will probably make a yes/no decision on getting serious very fast - which might mean guys stopping dating you sooner.

At some point in your life many of the guys you might be dating (if you're not in a serious relationship at that point) will have kids themselves, but you're a fair way from that point, unless you date -much- older.

• I'm not interested, I have no plans on being a father figure for a long time, if I'm to play second fiddle I want it to be to my own child, not some random baby daddy's.