I have never been in a relationship with a woman, but I want to ask if I have the right idea about being in a relationship with a woman?

I ask this because I have never really been in a relationship with women because I have been too shy and too self conscious to get to know a girl enough to start a genuine relationship with on. That being said I want to know if my ideas about a relationship are the correct ideas.
I believe that the right type of relationship would be one in which both partners in the relationship are equal in decision making. I don't believe that the man should have more say I think the man should listen to and respect the views of the woman when decision making. I believe that both partners should support each other in career choices and goals. I think that the man and the woman should support each other emotionally in hard times for one or both of them. And I think the relationship should more about love then just sex or other physical expressions. I think it is important to make sure you love someone before you have sex with them, which i think would take a few months.
Does it sound like I have the right idea about relationships. Or should I change some of my views.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds good. It your own opinions that matter.

• You have the right ideas about relationships. Relationships of today are tainted by sex and money but it's very refreshing to see someone that sees a relationship for what it really should be.

What Guys Said 1

• obviously dude... u support equality :)