Have you ever told someone you had a boyfriend or girlfriend when you didn't just because you weren't interested in them?

Especially if it was someone you hardly knew that asked you out.

Most Helpful Girl

• After I separated from my ex husband I would cop out and tell men I was married... because legally I still was, even though I was in the process of a divorce and for all intents and purposes, single. Now I just politely decline because I find lies always somehow backfire. Maybe the cute guy behind him overheard and said oh never mind, I won't hit on her. haha I don't know, I just don't like outright lying, so I just say thanks so much, I'm flattered, but I don't think that's a good idea (be it giving a number, letting them buy me a drink, etc.).

What Guys Said 11

• I encouraged a myth like that once, in junior high, but not because of any "unattractive" factor. I encouraged the rumor partly because I was honestly pining after a girl I had grown sweet on in at age 13 and had convinced myself that she still liked me and partly because I didn't want to be set up for another rejection like the one I had just suffered through. Yeah, I was kind of messed up then. :p. I wanted to keep the local girls away, but my stratagem backfired. -smirk-

• It happened.

• never... things might get even worse then ;)

• Yes I did that in 9th grade and the funny thing is that it didn't work, that girl was fucking clingy, I swear to god that she told me "please try to forget her" and "if I know who she is I will kill her" ... Lol that girl was really insane.

• Yes it is a good way to cut off interest if you meet someone on a night out.

• Nope... Would rather say it wouldn't work out as anything more than a friendship... Honesty works!

• I don't lie like tthat but I will like I am not suitable for her instead of she is not suitable to me then I can decrease he pain 😊

• It happen to me just one time i just tell her that I like someone else... I feel its rude to say no, especially no to a girl bcz girls don't propose bcz of their stupid thinking that guy should have to do it.

• yes many times

• Nope, I'd just politely decline
    Or just say that you'd like to stay friends, but not much more...

Ban them to the Friendzone, that dark place xD

But don't lie! no lyingggggg...

• nope, not yet.

What Girls Said 10

• No, I see no point in lying.

• Yeah. A lot haha.

• Yes but it was when I was in love with someone I intended to be with. If it worked out. So all intents and purposes not really exactly lie but a technicality :p

• Oh God... all the time! Haha

• I was once at a bar with my fiend and this guy was really creepy an wouldn't leave me alone, so my friend pretended he was my boyfriend to get him to go away

• Many times...😳
    I even said that I'm engaged to couple of guys cause they weren't leaving me alone. My idea worked, they did leave me alone after I lied. Lol

• That's funny. Lol I never once lied about being engaged

• Saddest thing is some of them actually believe it that the guy really loves her and they get into relationship... That's really strange but true! O_O

• Omg are you serious?

Wow that hopefully wouldn't fly in this country. LOL we know men are out for sex here more than anything else.

• Lol I should have.
    WHY MUST I ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTHHH

• HAHAAHHA

• Yep.

He'll make a poll and everyone will disagree with it and then be like "wtf? what did i do wrong?" LOL

• No but I should have

• Yes I have but he was my stalker so yeah

• Oh yeah. I'm a pretty friendly gal, and sometimes guys take that to mean I am sexually interested in them. It'll go from a pleasant chit-chat to suddenly he invading my personal space (ie touching my arm or back), and ask if I want to go behind the building, or in his car. I tell them, no sorry, I'm taken/seeing someone. Not totally a lie, since I see tons of people walking around...

Eh? Eh? [nudge nudge]