Guys, would you date an "ugly" female if she had other things to offer?

If a woman pleased you in other ways: sexually, was a nice person, kind, loyal, would you date her versus a hotter girl?

• Sorry I only date females I'm attracted to
    48% (23)
  • Yes Id give her a chance personality matters more to me
    29% (14)
  • I'm very unsure, she'd have to convince me to stay
    12% (6)
  • It would depend which chick (hotter versus less attractive chick) pursued me more
    11% (5)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

28

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually tried it with my last girlfriend.
    I wasn't physically attracted her but I liked her personality so I gave it a go.
    I lasted for 4 months but I just couldn't stay with her as My feelings were dying because of the fact I didn't desire her and needed to feel that spark which never existed.

• Well all I can say is this happened to me kinda the guy wasn't attracted to me so he didn't pursue me. But I think it's nice of you to of given her a chance even if it didn't work out. :)

• @asker she was really nice, she didn't do anything wrong but I really needed to desire her and I just didn't.
      Apart from her every girl I've been with I truly desired and crushed over.

• Ya tha'ts probably why the guy I was seeing didn't want anything "more" with me. I guess it's understandable. It sucks for us (who get rejected) but you also can't lie to yourself ^__^

What Guys Said 27

• While there is a cut off point, yes, I would date a woman that isn't overly attractive if she's great everywhere else.

• No I wouldn't, I believe that personality matters more than look but there are a lot of attractive girls who have great personalities too, so why would I have to choose only one when I can get the two? :)

• In some ways, you might say there is no such thing as an ugly girl. I think all women are beautiful in God's eyes, and if everyone saw them as God does, they'd all be beautiful. What it comes down to is that humans aren't always able to see past the surface. It isn't that some women aren't beautiful, its that some women are harder for commen men to see the beauty in.

So that means that Punkbuster107 will date any girl regardless of how she looks, right? Nope!

If I cannot see the beauty in a woman, I have no business leading her on into thinking I'm attracted to her. When I'm with a girl, I want to be able to tell her she is more beautiful to me than any other woman in the world, and mean it. If there is a woman who is a beautiful person, and my perception of her is inadequate to appreciate her, I have no business pretending to be attracted to her. She deserves the opportunity to wait for a man that will genuinely see her beauty and appreciate it even when nobody else can, and not settle for a guy who is dating her out of sympathy or obligation to his moral code.

• hmmmm tbh... nope :(

• "Sorry I only date females I'm attracted to" because I'm a shallow asshole I guess.

The only way that I would date her is if she approached me 1st. If not... yeah ain't happening #KeptItReal

• Men and women are only going to date someone they are attracted to. it is not likely that someone will look at a person and go "yikes, that is just horrible... oh but they do xx or yy."
    but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So one person might think that person is ugly, the next might think he/she is beautiful.

• If there is no sexual attraction then I would see no point in making her anything more than a friend.

A nice person, kind and loyal is all traits that my male friends have and I don't make them my life partner so I see no reason why I should do that just because that person happens to be female.

• '... sexually, was a nice person, kind, loyal...' These are all attractive traits anyway. If I think someone is 'ugly', I just think that they really aren't aesthetically pleasing. I've never seen a girl 'ugly' enough where I wasn't still attracted to them in some sense. The whole 'purely' looks thing is superficial. I tend to generalize terms I use to describe a girl's looks but in times like these, I have to be more specific.

• No sorry. But I truly know what it means to be in those shoes and its crap. Silver lining though... age makes everyone ugly so most people can end up with somebody and for a girl, you can get laid much easier than a ugly or socially inept dude.

• If she was super ugly she could invent a time machine and I still wouldn't want to be with her.

• It's gonna sound mean, but I kind of have this standard that as long as a woman isn't extremely overweight, I can find something about her that is attractive. We can only control the things we can control, weight, hygiene, hair style, lifestyle etc. We can't change our looks so I feel like why would I not give someone a chance? Especially since I really have no place to judge, I'm not the greatest looking guy around.

• People who are clicking anything other than A: you really date girls you aren't attracted to?

• I have to be attracted both to her physically and her character

• I think it would depend on the specific case. I do want a nice girl so that would be a big plus for me aside from the looks...

• Personality matters to me and when i give my heart to a girl i mean it

• personalities make someone attractive as well.
    Its not just seeing her in a bar and thinking she is beautiful.

but looks plays a part

• beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but if the beholder finds her ugly, he shouldn't be there. Even if others find her ugly, you may see beauty - that's ok but if you see ugly, she isn't the woman for you

• I don't see why not. I'm not as handsome as Brad Pitt myself.

• Louis CK: "People only fuck up or cross. Never down."

• To be really honets with you , no

• If she's hot but won't commit, I will take the other girl

• When you're attracted to someone its for any and all reasons

• yeap , to me nothing is ugly about a female.

• It is impossible to pleasure someone sexually that is not sexually aroused but sounds like she would make a great friend.

I chose D just because how often does a guy get pursued by a girl.

• i voted "D"...

• she would have to convince me, i mean, falling in love and liking someone partially depends on their looks

• If a girl was less attractive she'd probably have to settle for a man who is less attractive, men are usually (but not always) aroused more by sight.