Best friends turn into the best lovers?

Many people see friends and lovers as two separate things. Friends don't evolve into lovers etc. But a close female friend told me that close friends of the opposite sex have a great potential to become the best lovers if they find a mutual attraction at some point. I told her that most people just don't want to wait, plus its risky for friends to try being lovers because if it doesn't work out it can screw the friendship.

What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Never. The flame that burns quickest is the most intense.

• Then how do the few couples succeed? They have been happily married for years.

• "Happily married for years" and "Best lovers" aren't even remotely the same thing.

• I was thinking, would they technically be very close FWBs who are happy with what they have, never having experienced the honeymoon phase?

What Girls Said 2

• That's right. But they came be enemies just as easily. I went through that b

• I do think so!

What Guys Said 6

• She is a liar!!! I knew that girls say that just to test you!!! She wants to friendzone you. She wants you to become her slave. In real life, boys are in at risk when they become a close2x friend with a hot girl! Since men are visual creatures. And women just love attention. They feel secure if lots of wussies surrounding them.

• Nope I do NOT want to date my friend, she said that because her mom told her so. She knows I'm looking for someone my type.

• Plus she was the one who chose me as a friend first because she needed my help with her studies because I am an expert on the subject. She's not really my type but still fine as a friend.

• It has the potential for that. Most people aren't willing to take the risk as you've stated but who else knows you better through all that time?

• Both of you are right. Best friends will make a great relationship if they both feel same way about each other but how often doed that happen?

• I know a few couples who started out as such. They were old childhood friends who reunite later and fell in love. Awesome relationships! Plus since they already have a long history, sometimes they get married quickly after making it official.

• I don't think there is any reason not to become lovers with a close female friend.

• It's worth the risk in my opinion.

• Sometimes...