Would you reject someone based on the fact they've never had a girlfriend/boyfriend at 24 years old (or older)?

A guy I know thinks once you're my age and you've never been in a relationship, there is no hope, because we will be rejected due to this fact. I personally think this is ridiculous, and I can only see a handful of people being this nitpicky.

I understand you might reject someone who has never dated but for this question specifically, I'm asking if you would reject someone ONLY because they had never been in a relationship.

If you're a teenager and you think people this age and older are too old for you, imagine a scenario of being in your 20's and meeting someone my age who had never been in a relationship.

• Yes, I would reject someone ONLY because they had never had a boyfriend/girlfriend.
  • No, I would not reject someone ONLY because they had never had a boyfriend/girlfriend.
  • It depends on the reason WHY they have never had a boyfriend/girlfriend.
@KDA20 I couldn't agree more and you are spot on! Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't believe in hard and fast dealbreakers honestly I think you could meet the right person for you tomorrow and she could be a 49 year old virgin or a 25 year old single mom who hads slept with 138 men.

What Girls Said 5

• I would not!

• well think about it like this: if a guy is in his 20s and has never had a girlfriend, that means he is one of 2 things: 1. broke (not much money or no money at all) or 2. ugly. so, i won't date a guy who has never had a girlfriend at this age, because there is a very slim chance i would be attracted to him in the first place. i dont date ugly or broke guys.

• @Funnygirl24

Oh... My... God!

-Seriously. Most guys don't have much money.

• @sean1234 And the ones who don't have much money have to look good. I prefer looks and money but they have to have one or the other or it won't work.

• No not at all that would dumb !!

• Nah wouldn't really bother me. I'd wanna know WHY though. But hey it's less crazy exes I have to deal with 😂

• yes i would and you're a big, husky, cutie. i would love to cuddle with you! i bet you keep girls warm in the Winter lol.

• I would still consider them a little bit too old for me at the moment (I'm 19). But I reckon I'm heading that way myself so I couldn't judge others.. It'd be kind of nice in a way because I wouldn't have to worry about being compared to anyone

• If you read the description, I said if people my age or older are too old for you, then make up a scenario where you're my age and it's not too old.

Although I find it odd you're 19 and wouldn't date a 24 year old... there is basically no difference.

• I meant to by saying not being compared to past partners would be a plus. Yes; I think I would still date a 24 year old who'd never been in a relationship before if I was closer to them in age. As you've given as a choice in your poll though, it would depend on the reason why. For example if it was because he only wanted to be with one person ever and was waiting to find a marriage partner or something like that I probably wouldn't.

I think maturity has to do with age more than gender, although I get that there's some evidence to suggest people of different genders mature at different rates. Me personally, I think in terms of life experience, general social skills etc. I'm quite 'young' for 19, like I've been pretty sheltered up until now

• @opinionowner maturity is about gender, trust me. men seem to never mature.

when i was a 19 year old freshman in college, i noticed many of the freshman men were immature pigs. i thought this would change by Senior year or grad school. well here i am, graduated with my masters, nothing has changed. i know so many guys in their 30's who act like frat pigs. I've grown to hate men.

What Guys Said 3

• I'm not sure that most women would even believe that I've never had a girlfriend. I'm kind of insecure about the subject and though they were simply laughing at me because of it, but like I said it was because they thought I was full of crap and I have dated, which I haven't.

• "and thoughT they were"

• @sean1234 Dude, I have a similar experience. This guy back in high school freaked out when I told him I had never had a girlfriend (and I was 16 at the time.) I'm just wondering what he would say now.

• Ha ha, I think I have a new question coming along dont you?

• guys will probably have a harder time here

• Guys have it harder in what way? From what I've seen, girls LOVE a guy who is inexperienced because they see these people as "innocent"(which isn't always true actually.) Or did you mean guys have a harder time getting a potential date in the first place?

• It depends why, but I think guys have it harder in this area than women.

• Girls want a man who is desirable to other women

• @Anonymous In a way, that's true, since most girls in their 20's want a wealthy man with a high social status, which are usually the guys who are desirable to (many) other women.