Why do I keep getting my heart broken? Advice?

I'm a girl. I am seriously starting to think that there is something wrong with me because every single guy that I have a crush on or it seems like things are working out for me with a guy it goes bad. All of the guys that I like or have a relationship with it seems like every single time I end up getting my heart broken. My first guy and (what I felt was true love) I met him in middle school and we were best friends we did almost everything together and I really thought that he liked me until he broke my heart and to be honest I still have not fully recovered from it it still hurts me to think about him. I remember every night I would cry myself to sleep I really fell hard for him and I seriously thought that there was something wrong with me for him not to like me. Since then I have tried to move on and not get my heart broken, but it seems like everytime I find a guy I like I fall for him super hard only to get my heart broken and end up crying my eyes out wondering what I did wrong. Recently I fell for a waiter at the resturant my mom and I go to. When I met the guy it was like love at first sight because I literally fell into his arms. He would always try to find every excuse to talk to me and somehow it seemed like we were always bumping into each other. We would text and video chat each other and hang out all of the time. My mom even liked him and he would try to get close to my mom so that he could get close to me. Then one day I stopped hearing from him, and seeing him around. He would ignore me when I came into the resturant and not even talk to me. Next thing I know he tells me he found someone else to hang out with and likes. I was so broken and hurt inside I refused to leave my house for days and I just stopped eating. I felt that it was something wong with me and felt embarassed and hurt. I am pretty much over it now but I want to date other people I just don't want to get my heart broken again. Advice? Is it just me or what?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nothing is wrong with you. It's the guys that have something wrong with them. Maybe now though you have learnt what not to look for in men? You can be more cautious and try and make sure you find a kind person at heart and someone as loyal as puppy.

But it's really not easy because there are some idiots out there.

What Guys Said 4

• I have no idea what went wrong with the first relationship, but the second one... that waiter is just a...'mean person' (cause I have to watch my language)
    he played with your feelings, didn't even let you know about anything and just moved on... that is wrong :/

Nothing is wrong with you, you just haven't found someone yet who deserves you

• It's not you...
    You are learning that some people only have their own interests at heart. (if they have one). Maybe slow down just a little? You are still young...

• These guy are obviously an ass and players

• Quit being that girl stuck on stupid since there plenty of fish in the sea lol

What Girls Said 1

• Aw, I feel you. I'm the same way. It isn't just you. We put ourselves out on a limb for these men, giving them our vulnerable selves in hope for love and the same in return... And then it just turns sour. It's painful; I know. I'm still young myself, so I can't say how things will turn out. But what I can say is to remain hopeful and focus on other aspects of your life that are just as or even more important. I keep sane by ignoring these men and focusing on other things.. And you know what? Things fall into place. you'll meet someone, that I'm sure, and it'll be different. All it takes is to get it right with one other person. Don't let these other turds mess it up for you. It'll happen. (I'm half reassuring you and half myself here haha). I really wish you the best.